Eco Friendly Tee Shirt
This Eco-Friendly Tee Shirt, painted with a cute leaf, instructs people to "Think Green." The message is important but still friendly and is a great project to make for Earth Day. Simple and fun, this is a great tee shirt project for a large group of people and is something you can wear any time of year to remind everyone to love the Earth! Decorate the back for added style and fun or embellish the back of the tee shirt with your name if you're planning to get a team together to clean up your area.
- SoSoft Fabric Acrylics in True Green
- SoSoft Fabric Acrylics in Bright Avocado
- Cardboard shirt form or similar-sized piece of cardboard
- 4 round brush
- 3/4" large oval wash brush
- Foam plate
- Masking tape
- 1 1/4" to 1 3/4" high adhesive letters (We used American Craft, runway style.)
- White t-shirt
Remove any labels or tags from surface.
- Insert cardboard shirt form or piece of cardboard inside shirt to fit behind painted area on front of shirt. (Area of shirt to be painted needs to lay flat).
- Refer to photo for placement of words and attach letters to center front of shirt, pressing edges down securely to avoid paint seepage.
- Use pieces of masking tape (approximately 2-4" long) to form leaf shape around words. Secure edges of tape well to avoid paint seepage.
- Painting away from tape edges, use oval brush and Bright Avocado to paint leaf. Let dry.
- Remove masking tape from edges of leaf.
- Refer to photo and use round brush and True Green to paint steam and veins of leaf; let dry.
- Remove adhesive letters and cardboard.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jan 10, 2010
IT wouldn't take much more effort to do a globe design with the words "Love your Mother" or something as the message. Beautiful idea!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use