Bottle Cap Doll
Your recycle bin is about to get a lot lighter! Make a Bottle Cap Doll from Heidi Borchers out of re-purposed materials - it's one of the best recycled gifts out there. Use bottle caps, wire, paper and more to create a cute craft you can display anywhere.
- Plastic bottle caps – One water bottle cap approx. 1-1/8” dia. (head), drink size 1-7/8” dia. (body)
- Drill and 1/16” drill bit
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue (in the gold bottle)
- Wire – 18 gauge- one piece 9” long – one piece 3” long
- Wire cutters
- Needle nose pliers
- Acrylic paint – flesh tone
- Sponge – cosmetic type
- Toothpicks (for applying glue)
- Plastic caps needed to make doll.
- Using the drill, you will need to drill holes for the following: Drill a hole in the small water bottle cap at the top and directly opposite at the bottom of cap (neck). For the larger cap (body), drill one hole for neck and two holes opposite (about 1/2” apart) for the legs.
- Using a cosmetic sponge, paint both of the caps. Let paint dry.
- Bend wire for legs, 4” from end, then 1/2”, then bend other end down. If it isn’t exactly even, they can be trimmed after gluing on shoes. Insert both ends of this wire into the pre-drilled holes on the larger cap.
- To attach the body to the head: On the 3” piece of wire, form a loop on one end with the needle nose pliers. Place the straight part of the wire through the single hole in the larger cap (opposite the leg wire that is already inserted), then through one hole on the smaller cap (neck area), and up through top hole in the smaller cap.
- Trim wire to about 3/8”, then form a loop.
- Once you have created your doll body, it’s time for you to gather some supplies for dress and trims. Here are some suggestions: Scrapbooking papers (dress, sleeves, leggings, shoes, flowers), Butterfly printed papers (for trims), Small buttons (for flower centers), Wire – 26 gauge (for hanging flowers, butterflies), Cool2Cast – small sun face, Cheesecloth (for hair), Acrylic paints for face and hair.
For a comprehensive video tutorial, check out How to Make a Bottle Cap Doll.
Read NextiPhone Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.