Puppy Love Keepsake Box
The Puppy Love Keepsake Box is for the dog lover in all of us! Use your Sizzix machines to make paper craft boxes into cute ways to store trinkets and keepsakes with these instructions from Maria Nerius.
- Sizzix Bigz Pro Die Hexagon Box
- Die cutting machine
- Dog themed paper (shown: K&Company)
- Dog collar charm
- Puppy Love or coordinating sticker
- Distressed Ink: Vintage Photo, Tea, Scattered Straw
- Artist sponge
- Wire or ribbon
- Die cut the hexagon box, fold on scores, fold into box, adhere all connecting flaps (not that this box has 3 flaps that are inserted into the box at top to close, do not glue these flaps. Allow to dry.
- Tie ribbon or loop wire around clip of dog collar charm. Trim to 1". Place raw end of ribbon or wire inside of box at front top flap. Apply glue just under this flap, inside of box, fold flap down. This holds the dog collar charm to front of box.
- Place sticker, Puppy Love, to inside of box top. Using an artist sponge dab the Distressed Inks all over the inside of box starting with the lightest hue of ink and finishing with the darkest. This is an optional step. The paper I selected to make this box had an antique look and feel. I used the Distressed Inks to coordinate this inside rather than leaving it stark white.
- Fill with dog treats, a pretty dog collar or other surprise for your furry friend!
Read NextBees Knees Box