Flowers and Butterflies Box
The Flowers and Butterflies Box was created by Maria Nerius during our Hexagon Box Challenge on FaveCrafts 365 (our daily v-log report to you!). These paper craft boxes are perfect for that little girl in all women!
- Sizzix Bigz Pro Die Hexagon Box
- Die cutting machine
- Floral themed paper (shown: Die Cuts With A View)
- Small piece of pink boa (2”)
- Craft wire
- Wire cutters
- 4 Applique butterflies
- 9 Flower charms or other small flowers
- Wood skewer or other thin smooth item for curling wire
- Ribbon or floss for bow
- Hot Glue gun and glue
- Die cut the hexagon box, fold on scores, fold into box, adhere all connecting flaps (not that this box has 3 flaps that are inserted into the box at top to close, do not glue these flaps. Allow to dry.
- Wrap a small length of wire around wood skewer to curl. You’ll need 2 curled pieces using around 6-9” of wire for each. Curl the last 1” with hands in a circle. It’s this bottom circle you’ll need to adhere the wire to the center of the top of the box. Don’t worry about the glue showing! You’ll cover it with the boa.
- Adhere curly wires to center of box. Adhere 2 butterflies back to back to each wire stem. Cover the bottom of the wires with your length of boa.
- I removed the loops for the charms with my wire cutters. Adhere flowers randomly around the top of the box (you’ll be gluing to boa).
- Finish with a small ribbon or floss bow. This is adhered to top of box at the front between the two front inside flaps of the box.
Read NextClearsnap Friendship Box Tutorial