In this video from Bernadette Fox, you'll learn how to make freezer paper stencils the easy way! You can make this "I heart sewing" iPhone case using the free template, or just learn about freezer paper stenciling and make a stencil from your own design.
- 1 dried gourd cleaned and cut for use as a bowl (please see my other videos)
- 2 colors of permanent mousse hair dye (your choice)
- Candle wax on a long wooden skewer
- Heat tool
- 5/64 drill bit and pin vise or similar tool for drilling
- 2 colors of 15mm mussel shell coins (your choice)
- Waxed thread
- Apply one color of hair dye to entire exterior of gourd using a paper towel.
- Melt wax onto gourd in random places using heat tool then apply second color of hair dye to gourd.
- Remove wax or leave it on gourd for texture. Seal gourd with acrylic spray sealer.
- Drill holes in gourd about 1.5" inches from rim in .5" increments [depending on circumference of your gourd].
- With a whip stitch thread shell coins on waxed thread and stitch around the whole rim. This project has three coins per stitch with one color being dominant while the contrasting color was placed randomly around rim.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Garden and Outdoor"
Garden and Outdoor
Spruce up the outside of your home with some DIY garden decor. DIY garden projects are a great way to spend time outside and create a beautiful outdoor area.