Moroccan DIY Mirror Frame
Add some spice and culture to your home with the Moroccan DIY Mirror Frame. This DIY home decor project has an old world look with its Moroccan design, which you will learn how to stencil onto the frame with the instructions provided. Don't let DIY home decorating feel like a punishment with this fun and frugal craft. The metallic of the frame combined with the reflective mirror will grab anyone's attention, so put it on your to do list of DIY home decor ideas.
- Stencil Ease® Moroccan Wall Painting Stencil
- Stencil Ease® Repositionable Adhesive Spray
- Ikea® MALMA mirror, white
- Rustoleum® Painter's touch® Ultra Cover 2X Primer, Flat Gray
- Modern Masters® Metallic Silver, 6-Ounce
- Modern Masters® Metallic Pewter, 6-Ounce
- Shurtape Technologies LLC Frog Tape®
- Stencil Ease® 5/8” Stencil Brush, White Bristle
- Standard 4-6 inch brush
- Paper Towels
- Paper or Plastic Plate
- Tape of the Ikea® MALMA mirror with the frog tape.
- In a well ventilated outdoor space, spray the front and sides of the mirror with the Flat Gray Rust-Oleum Painter's touch® Ultra Cover 2X Primer.
- Let dry overnight.
- Spray the back of the Stencil Ease® Moroccan Wall Painting Stencil very lightly with the Stencil Ease® Repositionable Adhesive Spray and let the adhesive dry.
- Position the stencil design on the mirror and press down to make sure it is adhering.
- Pour some of the Modern Masters® Metallic Pewter onto the plate.
- Using your standard paint brush, paint the mirror with the Modern Masters® Metallic Pewter.
- Let dry overnight.
- Pour some of the Modern Masters® Metallic Silver onto the plate.
- Load one end of your Stencil Ease® 5/8” Stencil Brush with the the silver paint then swirl the brush onto your paper towel until it seems like all of the paint is removed. This creates a dry brush and leaves the perfect amount of paint on your bristles. Using a dry brush prevents paint from seeping under the cut-outs of the stencil. This part of the process is essential if you would like clean/ crisp lines when you lift your stencil.
- Either stipple (lightly tapping over the stencil cut-outs) or swirl the paint onto the frame.
- Allow the frame to dry completely overnight.
For more information about Stencil Ease® or to purchase Stencil Ease® products, please visit www.stencilease.com.
Read NextDistressed Painted Frame