July 4th Flag Soap
This July 4th flag soap project by Bramble Berry shows you how to make homemade soap in red, white, and blue. With this great 4th of July craft idea, even your soap can match the flag!
- Milky Way Flag Mold
- White Melt and Pour Soap Base
- Clear Melt and Pour Soap Base
- Non-Bleeding Colorant
- Fragrance or Essential Oil
- Droppers or MP Tool Kit
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Melt a small amount (3 ounces will be more than enough) of clear or white soap. If you want pastel colors, use white soap. If you want bright vibrant colors, use clear soap. Tip: use a small dish to melt the soap. If you use a large Pyrex container with such a small amount of soap, it takes longer to melt and may shatter your glass.
- Color your melted soap base with any color your heart desires, so long as it is nonbleeding. In the photos below, we used non-bleeding blue and non-bleeding red colors. A list of all of Bramble Berry's non-bleeding colorants is here.
- Use a dropper or the soap injector from the Melt & Pour Tool Kit to slowly color in the detail striping in the flag. Spritz with alcohol liberally to help the soap fill in all the crevices.
- Melt a small amount of White Melt & Pour (if not already melted) and pour melted white soap base into the stars portion of the mold.