Rib Rub Gift Jar
Need a quick gift for a grilling king? Create a Rib Rub Gift Jar from Candace Jedrowicz before your Father's Day cookout! This is a practical and fun gift that can be made with a recycled glass jar. Create your own rib rub and enjoy a tasty meal with friends and family.
- Aleene’s Collage Pauge – matte
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- 8 oz jar
- Decorative paper
- Brown permanent marker
- Small spoon or scoop
- Paper alphabet letters
- Button(s) for top
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 6 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Choose a jar that is smooth and rounded.
- Cut or tear paper for a label. Play with your letters until you like how they look. Glue them in place.
- Brush Collage Pauge over a large enough space on the jar to place your label. Coat the back of your label with Collage Pauge. Place the label on the jar.
- Coat the front of the label. Allow to dry.
- If you want to change the appearance of the lid you can color it with a marker, or whatever you like.
- Cover the top of the lid with your decorative paper. Glue on the button(s). Tie on your spoon with raffia.
For a comprehensive photo tutorial of this project, check out How to Make A Dad's Rib Rub Jar.
Read Next16 Necktie Crafts Ideas