Office Memo Board
Personalize your office with a custom memo board. In this video from Maureen Wilson, you'll learn how to make memo boards using your own photos and custom made embellishments. This version was designed as a Father's Day gift.
- Divided Frame
- Metal squares
- Scrapbook Paper
- Ink pad
- Metal gear
- Adhesives / Hot glue gun
- I’ve chosen to use a divided frame as my base. You could also use something like a printer’s tray, or even a drawer organizer. Since my frame doesn’t have a backing, I’m making one from posterboard and hot gluing it in place.
- Next measure your individual compartments, and cut scrapbook paper to fit. Glue in place.
- Now add metal sheeting to some of the compartments, to use as a magnet board. You might be able to find these at your local craft store, or, you can buy larger pieces of it at home improvement stores and cut it to size.
- You can also add some cork to create pinboards. You can buy these in sheets or rolls at most craft stores. I found cork coasters that are the perfect size. Adhere with hot glue.
- Fill some of the compartments with photographs. I chose to print mine in sepia.
- You can embellish other compartments with printables. I just searched online for free Father’s Day quotes and printed them on cardstock. Print them in color, or add sparkle with glitter pens.
- Add dimension with baker’s twine or hemp tied around a quote.
- Stamps are an inexpensive way to fill in blank space. Turn stamped images into magnets by adding magnetic strips to the back.
Read Next16 Necktie Crafts Ideas