Global Adventure Shirt
You don't need a plane ticket when you make your own Global Adventure Shirt. DIY gifts for men can be hard to come by, but this project is both practical and wearable. Be sure to save on supplies and use a shirt he already has. This will help you save big on supplies. Homemade shirt ideas don't have to look like they're designed by an amateur - people will think this shirt comes from an expensive retail store.
- Freezer paper
- Craft knife
- Puffy fabric paint
- Start by printing out a world map photo on regular print paper. I wanted my image to be big enough to cover the whole front size of the tee and if you want the same you'll have to tile your photo using two sheets. I'm not sure if the image can be printed directly on freezer paper - I'll have to give it a try next time!
- Place the freezer paper on top of your printed image (shiny side of the freezer paper down) and trace the image onto your freezer paper. Keep it as simple (only the continents) or as detailed (continents and islands) as you wish. It helps if you staple the two sheets together.
- Place the freezer paper on cardboard and cut the image using a craft knife but don't take the pieces out! Iron the entire freezer paper sheet onto your tee (shiny side of the freezer paper down) and afterwards peel off the paper leaving on the t-shirt all the pieces you've previously cut. This way you make sure all the continents and islands are in place and at the right distance from one another.
- If you plan on a simplified version of the world, you can also choose to cut out the continents and iron them one by one onto the shirt.
- Trace a fine line along your stencil using puffy fabric pain. Don't draw your line too close to the stencil but leave a small break between the two.
- I did half of the painting and let it dry before starting on the other half.
- Once the paint is dry you can peel the freezer paper off and enjoy your elaborate work.
Read NextCitronella Man Candles
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.