Heavenly Angel Centerpiece
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Create an angel centerpiece from AMACO for your table using wire form and metal embossing. This makes for a unique and colorful centerpiece any time of year.
- AMACO® ArtEmboss® Pure Metal Sheets — Medium Copper
- AMACO® WireMesh® — Copper
- AMACO® WireForm® — Designer’s Mesh; Brass
- AMACO® WireForm® WireRod Modeling Wire (Coiled) — Aluminum, 3/16"
- AMACO® Brush ‘n Leaf® — Old Gold
- AMACO® ArtEmboss® Tool Set
- Spray Adhesive
- E6000 Glue
- Nicole Embossing Heat Tool
- Metal Baking Pan
- Fun Foam Sheet
- Fiskars Scissors
- Enlarge the angel pattern on a copier to the desired size. Cut out all of the pattern pieces.
- Place the dress and the sleeve patterns onto the ArtEmboss® Medium Copper sheet. With the pointed end of the embossing tool, trace around the dress and the sleeve patterns and cut out. Read the package instructions for tips on embossing with ArtEmboss®.
- Turn the two ArtEmboss® dress pieces over onto a padded surface and use the pointed end of the embossing tool or stylus to outline the dress pieces and to retrace the vine motif.
- Turn the two ArtEmboss® sleeve pieces over onto a sheet of fun foam and with the eraser end of the pencil, pound on it. To smooth it out, use the embossing tool as a rolling pin. Keeping the ArtEmboss® sleeve on the foam sheet, simply roll the embossing tool over the surface to flatten. Turn the sleeve over onto a hard surface and lightly roll the embossing tool over it again. You should have a soft hammered look. Set the dress and sleeve pieces aside.
- Place the head and wing patterns over the WireMesh® Copper sheet. With the pencil, trace two wing patterns and one head pattern. Cut out. To color The Copper By Heating (optional) Place the Copper WireMesh® and ArtEmboss® pieces onto a metal baking sheet. Heat each of the pieces with a heat gun to create a patina finish. With prolonged heat in one area the copper will turn orange, then rust, then red, then blue, then gold. By moving the heat gun around, you can create some unusual patterns of color. Let the copper cool, then continue with project.
- Check the dress pattern for the head and wing placement. With the pointed end of the embossing tool, mark their placement on both the ArtEmboss® dress pieces.
- Pull a long strand of wire from the Designer’s Mesh Brass WireForm®. Fold the wire in half and twist the two strands together. Wrap the twisted wire around a 2 oz. bottle of acrylic paint or any other round object of similar size to form a circle for the halo. Twist the wire again to secure it and form a stem. Slide the wire off the bottle and with the scissors, trim the excess wire, leaving a one inch stem.
- Apply an even coat of spray adhesive to the wrong side of both of the ArtEmboss® dress pieces. Place the WireMesh® wings into position on each side of the dress pieces. Align the ArtEmboss® dress pieces and adhere together. Press firmly to insure a good bond.
- Glue the ArtEmboss® sleeve pieces into place, on each side of the dress. Align the sleeves and lay the Angel flat until the glue has dried.
- Pull off three long strands of the Brass WireForm® wire. Fold the wire in half and twist together, leaving a small loop where the wire was folded. Repeat this step with the other two wires.
- Wrap each of these stems around a pencil to form a long spiral. Glue the stems between the two sleeves and let dry.
- Cut out a heart, star, and moon from the Copper ArtEmboss®. Punch a small hole at the top of each and attach to the stems using a jump ring.
If you like this angel project, you will love our collection of free angel crafts. Download our free eBook 11 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations today!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Easy DIY Serving Platter
Saint Wine Charms
A Great Bunch of Funny Christmas Stories
DIY Decorative Champagne Flutes
Christmas Lights Garland
Days of Yore Place Cards
Christmas Ornaments Tablecloth
Clothespin Santa and Rudolph
Holiday Tree Centerpiece
Turn an Old Cabinet Door into a Fabulous Serving Tray
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Magical Summer Motifs Coloring Page
- Garden World Adult Coloring Page
- Patriotic Celebration Adult Coloring Page
- Ask and It Will Be Given Adult Coloring Page
- Wedding Cake Adult Coloring Page
- Fishers of Men Adult Coloring Page
- Daisy Pom Pom Rug DIY
- Sewn Crochet Hook Organizer Pattern
- Free Printable To Do List
- Simple Stars
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home