Mini May Day Recycled Vases
Recycled crafts don't get much more fun than these Mini May Day Recycled Vases. You'll have a blast collecting materials like twigs and flowers for this green craft. This is such a fun craft that celebrates Earth Day and the spring. Switch up your spring crafts this year by incorporating used materials that are natural and man-made. You won't believe that used yogurt containers could make such cute mini vases.
If you do not want to make May Day crafts, you can easily transform this adorable piece of DIY home décor into other craft ideas. They make gorgeous DIY centerpieces, bridal shower décor, and spring accents. Plus, if you want to make these DIY crafts especially trendy, you could use these crafts to plant succulents.
Find even more DIY crafts created from recycled materials in our big list of green crafting and upcycling ideas, 1000+ Recycled Crafts: Crafts Made from Recycled Materials.
- Old yogurt container (or any other recycled container with straight sides)
- White paper/pen
- Gather some twigs from outside. Snap twigs to the approximate size of the yogurt container and glue to side. Allow glue to mostly dry before moving on to another side. Or, if you’re making multiples, work on another “basket” while the first one dries.
- Punch holes in two adjacent corners.
- Cut a .5 x 4 inch piece of paper. Cut the ends and fold inward to resemble a banner.
- After writing May Day message, glue in place over sticks.
- Add the ribbon to the back, add water, some flowers and hang on a friendly neighbor's doorknob.
Looking for more recycled crafts to celebrate Earth Day? Check out the rest of our Earth Day crafting ideas.