Long Pendant Earrings
Learn how to make earrings out of beads for a simple, chic accessory. These long pendant earrings help you get that understated look without breaking the bank. Katie Hacker, designer of Katiedids components from Beadalon, created these quick and easy earrings.
- Two 4mm red crystals
- Two 7/8" lengths of thin rubber tubing
- Two head pins
- 24-gauge wire
- Two 35mm rectangular Katiedids components
- Diagonal wire cutters
- Roundnose and chainnose pliers
- String a 4mm red crystal and a 7/8" length of rubber tubing onto a head pin.
- Cut a 1" length of 24-gauge wire and coil it around the tubing ¼" from the top of the tubing as shown.
- Pass the head pin through a hole on the 35mm rectangular Katiedids component and make a wrapped loop.
- Open the loop on an ear wire and attach it to the wrapped loop.
- Repeat to make a matching earring.