Pretty Fabric Coasters
If you have some leftover fabric and don't know what to do with it, transform plain coasters or make coasters and create these Pretty Fabric Coasters from Victoria Lavertu. This tutorial will teach you how to make fabric coasters that are so fun to show off. These are unique coasters that you'll love to make!
- Vinyl tablecloth or placemats from the dollar store, cut into 4 squares.
- 4 sheets think cork, cut into 4 inch x 4 inch pieces
- Hot glue gun
- Trim the squares to a perfect 4 x 4 inch square. Use a ruler and a rotary cutter to trim them up.
- Next, take the cork and cut them to 4 x 4 inches.
- Hot glue the two pieces together. Make sure you press hard to smooth the glue as flat as you can.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Aug 31, 2013
this is how to make coasters using cork and plastic - not fabric. I hate things that are misleading.
Jun 14, 2013
Why is it called "Fabric coasters" when you are actually NOT using fabric to make them, but vinyl tablecloth or placemats? This is misleading...
lukesgranna 245831 9
Jan 13, 2013
I'm confused--the description asks if you have some "leftover fabric" and the name of the project itself is "pretty fabric coasters" but the materials list does not mention any "fabric", only vinyl tablecloths/placemats. Am I missing something?
Dec 31, 2012
I use the skinny straws used for coffee stir sticks. I wrap the bead onto the straw and simply cut the straw flush with the side of the bead when I'm done. It makes a nice smooth bead center and there's no risk of unravelling the bead by slipping it off the form.
Jan 01, 2013
what does this have to do with coasters?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use