Save Your Buttons Wreath
Old buttons don't have to be thrown away. You can now save them and create a unique wreath. We have provided complete instructions on how to make a decorative wreath.
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam:
- Wreath, 12" x 1"
- Faux finishes: green patina gold metallic
- Several packages of gold craft buttons, assortment
- Ribbon: Gold wire-edged, 1" x 1/3 yd.
- Paintbrushes: 1" stiff; disposable sponge
- Disposable palette
- Thick, white craft glue
- Water basin
- Soft, clean rag
- Paper towels
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Follow manufacturer's instructions to paint foam wreath gold; let dry. Apply second coat. Before second coat dries completely, apply light coat of patina finish. Let dry.
- Glue buttons to wreath, covering surface. Glue a smaller second layer over first for added visual interest, if desired. Let dry.
- Apply light coat of gold finish over buttons. While finish is still wet, gently wipe buttons with soft rag to expose button texture and remove excess finish. Let dry.
- Apply light coat of patina finish. If desired, gently wipe wet finish with soft rag to expose more gold tones.
- Tie ribbon around top of wreath. Knot ends to create hanging loop.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Read NextBook Wreath Tutorial