Planner DIY Storage Crate
Use wooden crates and paint to createdarling DIY organizers you actually want to keep out.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "Custom designed to match the color scheme of my office decor, this crate holds all of my planner supplies. Using scrapbook paper and tissue paper as decorative elements gives this project almost endless design possibilities! This crate was very fast & easy to create (other than time spent waiting for paint to dry). For the dividers, I recommend using chipboard that is white on one side since the surface will somewhat show through the tissue paper decoupaged on it. For faster drying time, this project could be completed with acrylic paint in place of the stencil cremes. This project could also be used in a craft room to store craft supplies, or for a variety of other uses! "
Adding wooden storage crates to your home for organization is not a new idea. Pinterest has been loaded with stacking ideas for these convenient and budget-friendly containers for a while. The problem is that these wood craft ideas can be very boring and very dull. That’s where the idea for the Planner DIY Storage Crate. This wooden crate craft is stunning because it doesn’t stop at being useful, it is decorated, too! Learn how to make your own DIY organizer stand out by creating these paint craft ideas.
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueDIY Craft
Project TypeMake a Project
- Plaid FolkArt Home Decor Chalk Paint in White Adirondack
- Plaid FolkArt Stencil Creme in Rainbow
- Plaid FolkArt "30604 Single Rose" Painting Stencil
- Plaid Matte Mod Podge
- Decorative Tissue Paper
- Wood Crate
- Chipboard Sheets
- Heidi Swapp "Hello Beautiful" Patterned Paper
- Sakura Pigma Micron 02 Pen in black
- Martha Stewart for Avery file folder labels
Prep the surface of the wood crate by sanding and wiping away dust. Paint the surface with chalk paint. Set aside to dry.
Trim strips of paper to fit side slats of crate. Decoupage onto the slats with Mod Podge.
Stencil the rose design onto the front of the crate using the stencil and stencil cremes. Set aside to dry.
Cut chipboard dividers the width of the crate's interior, and slightly higher than the items to be stored in the crate.
Cut a piece of tissue paper large enough to "wrap" each divider, and place face down on the work surface. Apply Mod Podge to the front of the divider, and place the divider face (glue side) down on the center back of the tissue paper.
Cut notches in the corner of the tissue paper to create "tabs" to fold back onto the back of the divider. Apply Mod Podge to the back of the divider and fold the tabs in. Both sides of the divider should be entirely wrapped in tissue. Place under a heavy object, like a book, to dry.
Once dividers are dry, write on file folder labels and apply to dividers.
Assemble your crate and dividers together, and start planning!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Learn how to make a tree of life out of an old bike wheel! Bicycle wheel crafts like this one are beautiful and thrifty at the same… Continue reading: "Tree of Life Bicycle Wheel Craft"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cloudy Sunset Beret
- Mystical Mitts
- Easy Fabric Basket In Any Size
- "Vintage" Gold Leaf Resin Bangles
- Diy Raised Garden Bed
- Shrink Plastic and Resin Jewelry
- Cinch Stripes Backpack
- Mini Angel Amigurumi
- Criss Cross Mini Tote
- Mini Bears In Stockings
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home