Greeting Card Storage Box
This decorated greeting card box from Uchida of America is useful and attractive.
- Large Ori Yoki box
- 6- 4.5 X 6 chipboard dividers
- 6- 4.5 X 6 pieces of patterned paper
- 6- Scalloped squares, punched from cardstock
- Cover 4.5 x 6 chipboard dividers with matching size colored/patterned paper. Round edges if desired. Ink edges if desired.
- Fold scalloped punch shapes in half evenly, to form an index tab.
- Label with a category title; birthday, thank you, congratulations, get well, baby/wedding, note cards.
- Staple one tab on top of each divider, staggering the placement like the tabs on file folders.
- Decorate the top/sides of box with words associated with greeting cards; Happy Birthday, Here’s to You, Congratulations, Thanks a Bunch, It’s Your Day, etc. Embellish further with Opaque Stix, adding flourishes, doodles, hearts and more. Use tacky glue to add plastic gems, if desired.
- Fill with pretty cards made using Marvy’s scalloped punches! Check out the gallery at Uchida.com for ideas. This box makes a great gift! Fill with cards, envelopes, stamps and an address book. Make a box just for the holidays; store wish lists, sizes, pictures, family newsletters, cards, labels and stamps. Everything, all in one place! Use Ori Yoki to make a recipe box! Instead of labeling each divider with occasions, label them ‘appetizers’, ‘soups and stews’, ‘main dishes’, ‘desserts’, ‘side dishes’ and ‘Family Recipes’.