Cinco De Mayo Celebration Crafts
Use these party crafts and party decor ideas to throw the best Cinco de Mayo party ever.
In the Designer's Words: "How do I make just one project with so many fabulous products?? You make a whole party of course! My inspiration and theme is "celebrating yourself". I blog about paper crafts and parties, and after throwing literally hundreds of parties, I finally decided to throw a birthday party for myself! My birthday just happens to fall on Cinco De Mayo, so I thought a birthday fiesta would be perfect! This is the first time I have creating something just for me, and I am so proud of what I made. I can't wait to celebrate with my friends! And I thought a Cinco De Mayo inspired party would be the perfect post for your eBook launch on May 2nd. ;)
Goodness, this was such a fun party to put together! It was honestly a privilege to be able to create something with so many incredible and innovative brands at the same time. Thank you for the opportunity. And thank you for hosting such a fun party at CHA!"
Throw the best Cinco de Mayo party ever when you create these cute and stunning party décor ideas. Bright and beautiful, the craft project ideas in this list are essential DIY party décor ideas for any Cinco de Mayo party. Grab your favorite margarita and taco recipes, make all of the Cinco De Mayo Celebration Crafts, and get to partying! You are going to love learning how to decorate with these craft project ideas.
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Primary TechniqueGeneral Paper Crafting
Project or Page SizePoster Board
Type of Paper UsedScrapbook Paper
- Michaels - I used Recollections white paper flowers as part of my backdrop.
- Testors - I sued Red and yellow enamel paint on the deocrative clothespins on the favor bags.
- Design Mastors - I spray painted the mason jars white with Design Masters spray paint.
- Plaid Delta and Folk Art Craft Paint - I used craft paint to paint the Amigo letters to look like cactus.
- Folk Art Color Spray - I used this to die the paper flowers.
- FloraCraft Foam Sheets - I used two large Flora Craft foam sheets to create a backdrop for my fringe.
- Thermoweb - I used interfacing to stabilize the table runner.
- Soba Glue (Plaid) - I used Soba glue to adhere the toothpicks to the Amigo letters.
- Martha Stewart (Plaid) - I used gold Martha Stewart paint to paint to toothpicks for the cactus letters.
Mason jars: Prep mason jars by spraying with spray paint. Adhere paper fringe and ribbon. Insert straws and utensils.
Treat sacks: Dip clothespins in Testors paint. Allow clothespins to fully dry. Embellish treat sacks with cardstock fringe, paper bow, and clothespins.
Table runner: Iron on interfacing for stability.
Backdrop: Assemble FloraCraft foam to create backside of backdrop. Cut and adhere fringe cardstock. Assemble Recollections flowers and color with Folk Art color spray. Allow flowers to dry and attach to backdrop.
Amigo Marquee Letters: Sponge paint two shades of green Plaid paint onto letters. Allow to dry completely. Paint toothpicks with Martha Stewart gold craft paint. (Use FloraCraft foam to assist painting- see photo.) Poke hole in letters and insert toothpicks with Soba glue.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Decorations"
There are no records