Yarn Wrapped Votive Holder
If you want to make yarn crafts without knitting or crochet, consider creating a Yarn Wrapped Votive Holder from Heidi Borchers. This fun craft will add an exciting spark to your desk, mantel or table. You can personalize the project by adding colorful beads and embellishments.
- Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Spray
- Aleene’s Acrylic Spray Sealer – Matte (you must use this first if you are applying Fast Grab Tacky Spray to glass surfaces)
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Yarn – colors of your choice
- Fancy yarn – (if you want to add a fancy finish effect)
- Embellishments – beads, wire
- Jewelry findings – jump rings, eye pins, flat head pins
- Jewelry pliers
If using glass votive, clean surface of all grease and/or dust.
In a well ventilated area, spray outside surfaces with Spray Sealer. Let dry.
In a well ventilated area, spray outside surfaces with Fast Grab Tacky Spray.
Immediately press end of plain yarn into adhesive and wrap around and around votive until entire outside surface is covered in yarn. Use Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue to secure end of yarn to votive. Let dry.
If using fancy yarn, glue in place over plain yarn with Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue.
- Embellish with beads and wire as desired.
Read NextGlitter Paint Galaxy Home Decoration
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.