Handmade Clay Vase
Handmade clay pottery has never been easier. This fun and easy polymer clay project from Jacquard Products will have you crafting beautiful clay vases for all your flowers in no time.
- Black Cernit phthalate free polymer clay
- Pearl-Ex pigments of choice
- Cyanoacrylate glue (gels best)
- Pearl Ex Varnish
- Glass to cover
- Knead & condition the polymer clay.
- Roll out in a thin sheet about 1/4" thick. Make sure it is long enough to go around your glass. Attach to glass around the surface. Trim leading edge clean. Wrap the rest of the polymer around glass and butt and smooth edges. Trim off excess.
- Texture the surface.
- Apply Pearl Ex pigments (put small amounts of pigment on paper plate and apply with finger). Apply this to the surface of the Polymer in circular motion (as if applying make-up to skin). Coat the surface completely.
- When adding another piece of polymer as embellishment or lips or feet to glass, put a small bead of cyanacrylate glue onto the primary surface. This will help bond one surface to the other.
- Bake as per Polymer manufacturer's specification.
- Seal final project with Pearl Ex Varnish.
- Pearl Ex pigments can be blended on the surface for different color combinations. Applying Pearl Ex Varnish keeps the pigment from rubbing off. Glass and metal make the best surfaces to cover!