Faux Marble Tray-an Easy DIY to Make
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Can you believe that this great ‘marble tray’ is made from one of those very inexpensive acrylic frames? I’ve always loved the look of marble. As such, it’s no surprise to me that this material is quite popular in the design world right now. Read on and see how to DIY this Faux Marble Tray. I have to tell you that I had such a fun time doing this little marble tray and now am looking for more opportunities to marbleize stuff. It was very simple and forgiving. If a mistake is made, then you could just paint over it and start again."
- An item to marbleize
- White paint to cover your item. I used Rustoleum 2X Spray Paint White
Acrylic paint in white and black. I used Acrylic Paint 2 oz., Snow White by Americana and
Acrylic Paint 2 oz., Lamp Black by Americana.
- Acrylic paint in gold for trim. I used DecoArt Dazzling Metallics Paint, 2 oz., Glorious Gold
- Sponge, I did cut a little triangle out of to get in the tight spaces…It looked like a little pac-man.
- Spray bottle with water
- Paper towel
- Frogtape Delicate Masking Tape(10-Pack), Yellow, which worked perfectly! I was very hesitant to put tape on my recently painted/marbleized surface so I did a test run by spray painting a piece of plastic and then putting this tape on it. I was so very happy when I was able to remove the tape without pulling of any of the recently applied pai
NotesI have produced a wee video that is available on my site that shows how I marbleized this tray
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Beginner Crafts: 12 Simple Craft Ideas for Adults
- 11 Radiant Rainbow Crafts and Rainbow Art
- Unicorn Snot Glitter Gel
- Upsp Postage Stamp Earrings
- Diy Shirt: 5 Minute Sewing Tutorial
- How To Hang Any Mug Rug - After You've Made It!
- Hanging Christmas Tree With Ornaments For Kids
- Fairy Crown With Template
- Standing Mini Gnomes
- Toilet Paper Roll Butterfly Craft For Kids
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home