Fall FIMO Ensemble
Create a collection of seasonal decorations using clay and metal stamp art from AMACO.
- FIMO® Soft Polymer Clay — Copper (#27), Gold (#11), Black (#9, pendant)
- AMACO® Fun Wire™ — Pearlized Gold, 24 Gauge
- AMACO® PolyBlade
- AMACO® PolyRoller
- AMACO® Needle Tool
- Easy Metal — Gold
- AMACO® Metal Stamp Art Ink Pad — Black
- Bic® Round Stick Pens
- Rubber Stamp — Leaf
- Index Card
- Jewelry Cord
- Jewelry Glue
- Leaf Cookie Cutter
- Beadazzles- Salsa Mix (SuzeWeinburg) or Color of Choice
- Coordinating Beads
- Bottle in Shape of Choice
Embellished Leaf Bottle
- Wrap Fun Wire™ around bottle. Flatten Copper FIMO® Soft to 1/4" and cut out several leaf shapes. Draw in veins with needle tool. Bake leaf shapes in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes at 265°F (130°C) then allow to cool completely. Attach to Fun Wire™ as desired.
- Press a large ball of Copper into top of bottle. Twist a log to create swirl patterns. Roll log into a jelly roll and press onto top of bottle. Wrap a Gold log around bottle opening as desired. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Mokume Gane technique. Roll paper-thin sheets of Copper FIMO® soft. Stack Copper clay sheets, Easy Metal Gold leaf, clay, leaf and repeat until approximately 15 layers have been made or 1/4" thick. Press stack with fingers to manipulate the clay inside and create height variations. Slice off the “high areas” to reveal pattern. Roll out Copper clay to 5" long by 1" wide and 1/8" thick. Apply slices and smooth with clay roller. Turn over, pattern-side down.
- Remove pen cartridge with pliers. Place pen barrel along one edge, wrap with copper/foil colored clay, trim edges and smooth seams. Bake in oven for 30 minutes. When completely cool, wrap with Fun Wire™ as desired.
- Roll out Gold FIMO® soft 1/8" thick and cut out a leaf. Sprinkle tiny beads to accent center. Poke a hole in top center. Bake for 30 minutes at 265°F (130°C). When completely cool, cut a 4" piece of Pearlized Gold Fun Wire™. Insert through hole and curl. Add a couple of beads to remaining wire, loop over and wrap around to create loop. Add loop to end of wire on pen.
- Create the gold pen in the same manner, varying the colors as desired.
- Draw a 2" triangle on an index card and cut out.
- Marble a 1 inch ball of Gold and Copper clay together. Stop before color is completely mixed. Flatten to 1/8".
- Apply AMACO® Metal Stamp Art Ink to rubber stamp. Lightly stamp leaf pattern into clay. Place triangle over desired patterned area and cut out.
- Flatten Black FIMO® Soft to 1/8". Place triangle clay slab onto Black clay and cut out. Roll 1/16” Black logs and place over pendant as desired. Wrap sides and top of pendant with thicker Black logs.
- Cut two small rectangular beads approximately 1/4" x 1/2" from patterned clay. Poke two holes in each.
- Press two small balls on top of pendant. Poke a hole in center of each ball. Roll two short 1/16" Black logs and wrap around two balls on top of pendant. Bake all pieces for 30 minutes at 265°F (130°C) then allow to cool completely.
- Cut jewelry cord to approximately 20". Thread cord through holes in top of pendant. Take one end of cord and push through one hole in each bead and tie a knot. Repeat with other end of cord for adjustable pendant.
Read NextCount Your Blessings Luminary
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.