This dazzling Dragonfly from The Bead Studio was created to hang in a sunny place. The light catches the crystals and sparkles in the sunlight.
- (1) - Crystal Drop
- (1) - 8mm Austrian Crystal Bicone
- (2) - 6mm Austrian Crystal Bicone
- (2) - 4mm Austrian Crystal Bicone
- (2) - Crimp Beads
- (1) - 8" piece of tigertail (.18) or Soft Flex wire (.19)
- 1 - 18" piece of 26g artistic wire or 28g craft wire
- Chain-nose or
- Crimp pliers (optional)
- Attach the crystal drop to one end of the flexible beading wire and secure with a crimp bead. Trim excess wire.
- Add the 4, 6 and 8mm bicones starting with the smallest and ending with the 8mm.
- Add the crimp bead, create a loop by running the end of the wire back through the crimp bead and crimp to secure. Trim excess wire.
- Wrap the remaining wire a couple of times around your hand to create two small circles of wire. Pinch the center and wrap the tail of the wire around the middle. Seperate loops and form into wings.
- Attach wings to body by wrapping the tail around the body just under the head.
Read NextRain Boots Vase
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jan 27, 2017
Such a cute little creature. I can see making a ton of these and putting them in my windows and on my rearview mirror. I think they would add some sparkle to all my rooms. I can see putting them on my curtain pulls to make the room sparkle too.
Jan 26, 2010
I love the dragonfly, and this project is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use