Colorful Stencil Wall Art
In only six easy steps you can create this beautiful colorful stencil wall art. Using decorative papers and spray paint this wall art can brighten up any room.
STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Sheets, 1" x 12" x 36", three
- Decorative papers, 12" x 12", eight coordinating sheets
- Foam-safe spray paint, gray
- Sawtooth hangers with nails, eight, OR poster putty
- Bird stencil
- Serrated knife
- Sharp pencil
- Ruler or T-square
- Disposable paintbrush
- Straight pins
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Repositionable spray adhesive
- Old newspapers
Measure and mark three 10" squares on each foam sheet. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin; cut out squares on lines.
Use disposable paintbrush to spread thin layer of white glue across first foam square. Center a 12" paper square on top of foam and carefully smooth paper with fingers to prevent bubbles and wrinkles. Repeat to cover each square with a different paper.
Working on one side at a time, fold down excess paper at edges of foam square to create crisp "hospital" corners; glue to secure. If needed, pin paper in place till glue dries.
Cover work area with newspaper. Following manufacturer's directions, spray back of stencil with repositionable adhesive. Apply stencil to paper-covered foam square.
Use additional newspaper to mask off, or cover, visible areas of paper beyond stencil edges. Spray paint open areas of stencil gray; carefully peel away stencil. Repeat on each square. Let dry completely.
- Use glue gun to secure ends of sawtooth hanger to top center back of each foam square. Apply glue to nail ends and insert into holes in hangers. Let dry completely. Squares may also be hung using poster putty.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Read NextHow to Make a Floating Tea Cup