Clip On Tassel
This versatile and decorative tassel from The Bead Studio is a wonderful project that can be used in a variety of ways. You can use it as a purse tassel, just clip it to the zipper or metal ring for instant embellishment. You can also use it on a skeleton key, a curtain, blind or fan pull.
- 1 metal clip - if you can't find one at your local bead shop, look at a hardware store, fabric shop, locksmith or shoe repair shop. We are currently trying to locate a source, so check back!
- 3 yds Mastex cord - this comes in a variety of colors. Choose one that compliments the beads you are using.
- 1 large focal & 2 small spacers
- Assorted beads ranging in size from 4-8mm. (I used about 75 beads on my tassel.)
- Just a few 11/0 seed beads - a dozen minimum, but you probably won't use more than 24, unless you decide to use them as spacers.
- Lighter or matches for singeing cord
- Cut the mastex cord in half. With one piece wrap the ring of the clip using repeating half hitch knots. If you have never done this before it is simple: tie the cord to the end of the ring leaving a 3 inch tail, wrap cord once around the ring and bring the end up through the loop, pull tight and repeat. Continue repeating until the loop is covered completely. Add a small bead to each end and tie knot after bead to secure the ends.
- Cut the remaining cord into 3 equal pieces. Fold in half and bring the loop around the covered ring, pull the 6 ends through the loop, pull tight.
- Add one large hole spacer, the large hole focal bead, then the other large hole spacer. With all 6 cords tie an overhand knot to secure the beads in place - you may need to use an awl to get the knot close th the bead.
- Add beads to each of the 6 cords starting with a seed bead and working your way up to the larger beads, end with a seed bead and tie a knot after the last bead. Repeat until all 6 cords are beaded.
- Trim each of the cords to 1/8", carefully singe ends with flame. If you are not comfortable using a flame, try clear nail polish - just don't use both!
Read NextCoffee Canvas Home Decor
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.