Bohemian Stamped DIY Pillow
This stamped pillow project from Plaid adds stunning accents of color and boho flair to any space.
Add some mystery and some color to your home décor when you learn how to stamp a pillow with stunning designs. The Bohemian DIY Stamped Pillow tutorial shows you how to transform an old, plain pillow into a work of colorful art using stamping techniques and color combos that would impress even the most accomplished designer.
Using floral and elephant stamps as well as fabric inks in colors like Blood Orange and African Violet, this project is probably the prettiest DIY craft idea you will make this year. Follow the instructions exactly to create a pretty pillow or get creative and make a color a combo that fits your space.
If you love this craft project idea, you will love the rest of the DIY crafts in
13 DIY Home Decor Ideas, Paper Crafts, and More
- Fabric Creations™ Soft Fabric Inks - Poppy, 2 oz. Item #25977
- Fabric Creations™ Soft Fabric Inks - Blood Orange, 2 oz. Item #25982
- Fabric Creations™ Soft Fabric Inks - Marigold, 2 oz. Item #25984
- Fabric Creations™ Soft Fabric Inks - Aqua, 2 oz. Item #25991
- Fabric Creations™ Soft Fabric Inks - African Violet, 2 oz. Item #25995
- Fabric Creations™ Tools - Sponge Cubes Item #26995
- Fabric Creations™ Tools - Foam Printing Mat, 2 pc. Item #26996
- Fabric Creations™ Tools - Cleaning Brush Item #26997
- Fabric Creations™ Block Printing Stamps - Small - Fern Item #27179
- Fabric Creations™ Block Printing Stamps - Border - Feather Item #27196
- Fabric Creations™ Block Printing Stamps - Medium - Baroque Medallion Item #27205
- Fabric Creations™ Block Printing Stamps - Medium - Parade Elephant Item #27206
- Two 18” x 18” squares of white fabric
- 16” Pillow form
- Craft knife
- Craft paper
- Masking tape
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Flat paint brush
- 3” Circle shape
How to Stamp a Pillow
Trace a 3” circle shape out of craft paper and cut out with the craft knife.
On one 18” white fabric square lightly measure and mark a 16” square.
Find the center of the square and position the 3” circle stencil over the center.
Paint the circle with Aqua. Let paint dry.
Measure 4” from the 16” corner mark on both sides and lightly draw a line so that you now have an inverted triangle.
Tape off the triangle and paint in with African Violet. Let paint dry.
Measure and mark lightly a 1” border between the African Violet triangles. Tape off border and paint in with Blood Orange. Let paint dry.
Place foam mat under fabric in the area that you are to begin stamping and move mat as needed.
Begin stamping blocks in colors and placement as shown.
Heat set fabric ink according to manufacturer's instructions.
Place right sides together and sew a 1” seam allowance on all sides, leaving and opening on one side to insert the pillow form. Trim seam allowance.
Insert pillow form and sew opening closed.
Find even more ways to make DIY pillows on our list of35 Pillow Making Crafts