Tissue Paper Flower
If you're looking for a fun springtime DIY craft for your home then take a look at this Tissue Paper Flower. Using different colored pieces of tissue paper and glue you can have a fabulous centerpiece. This would be a great centerpiece for all the tables at a wedding as it's a quick and easy craft to put together.
- Tissue Paper
- Glue Gun
- Straight Pins
- Styrofoam ball
- Flower stem
- Fold 4 pieces of tissue paper in half then fold that in half a few more times (this will give you multiple cutouts at once).
- Cut flower shape.
- Grap 2 different colored flower pieces and lay one top of the other. Turn the top piece so you can see all petals on both pieces.
- With glue gun put a dab of glue in the center of flower. While holding the flower in hands bring petals close together while you push the center to glue. Do this with as many petals as you'd like.
- Once they're all dry you stab a straight pin through the middle of the petal and attach it to the styrofoam ball.
- When the whole ball is filled with flower petals you then glue your stem to the ball making sure you twist and push the stem in at the same time so it'll hold.
- You can then choose to glue your flower into a pot holder or simply place it in a vase. Another option is to not add a stem at all and simply place the flower on top of a vase.
If you like this tissue paper flower you might also like the Cherry Blossoms I made.
Read NextLeafy Tiered Gift Centerpiece
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Mar 12, 2016
I never realized how many wonderful things you could create with tissue paper, and it is very inexpensive to purchase. I love the look of the flowers, what a beautiful flower arrangement that would make on the dining room table, or a smaller arrangement on an end table. I think that would be the added touch a room would need.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use