Recycled newspaper crafts are a great way to show your love of print journalism while also being eco-conscious. This Newsprint Clutch from Jenni Radosevich is stylish and easy to make--just decoupage some newspaper to a bag and you've got a handmade conversation piece.
- Clutch from H&M
Here are a couple ways to do this DIY:
- You can measure out each side of your bag and cut out the correct size pieces to attached to the clutch.
- OR my technique: free hand cutting and patch together pieces to cover each surface.
- After you cut your pieces of newspaper, paint the ModPodge on the surface of your clutch, work in sections so the glue does not dry too quickly.
- Lay down the piece, then paint over it with ModPodge.
- Cover the entire bag by layering peices of newspaper, make sure to paint the ModPodge under and on top of each piece. Cover one side and let it dry for a couple hours, then flip and cover the opposite side and let dry.