Tinted Crochet Pillow
Brighten up your next crochet project with tinting spray
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "I love combining my crafts! This textured pillow has a crocheted front that was crocheted in white Lily Sugar'n Cream yarn, then colored with Design Master Tint It spray in Jade, then edged in the original white. The pillow back is sewn from a Loops & Threads fat quarter, and has a hemmed opening to insert the plush Home Elegance 14" pillow form. Make it in a weekend!"
Learn how to turn a plain pillow into a brilliant pop of color for your couch. The Tinted Crochet Pillow uses the Design Master Tint It spray to turn white yarn, teal. There are so many different design options to choose from. Create pillows that match your home, or customize for each holiday. Here's a new way to craft and crochet!
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge12 sts X 7 rows = 4" in linked double crochet
Finished Size14" X 14" excluding edging
- 3 skeins Lily Sugar'n Cream yarn in white
- Crochet hook size H/8/5.0 mm
- 1 can Design Master Tint It in Jade
- 14" Home Elegance pillow form
- 1 Loops & Threads fat quarter
- 3 stick on Velcro tabs
- Sewing machine
- Coordinating thread
- Hand sewing needle
- Tapestry needle
Ch 44. Row 1: Linked double crochet (LDC) in 4th ch from hook and in each ch across. Ch 3, turn. 43 LDC Row 2: LDC in each LDC across. Ch 3, turn. Rep row 2 for pattern until work measures 14" from foundation ch. End off.
Using the Tint It, spray pillow front as shown, building up layers of color below the diagonal for a darker color, and above the diagonal for a lighter color
When Front is dry, join yarn in any stitch. Rnd 1: Sc around, placing 3 sc in each corner. Join rnd with sl st in first sc. Ch 3, do not turn. Rnd 2: Dc in each sc around, placing 5 dc in each corner. Join rnd with sl st in top of beg-ch-3. Ch 1, do not turn. Rnd 3: Sc in each dc around, placing 3 sc in each corner. Join rnd with sl st in first sc. Ch 1, do not turn. Rnd 4: Crab stitch in each sc around. Join rnd with sl st in first st, end off.
Out of fat quarter, cut two pieces of fabric each 15" wide X 9" tall, taking care to match pattern if necessary. Make a 1" hem across 15" side of each piece. Overlap the hemmed edges 1" and top stitch them into place in the side seam allowances. Press under 1/2" seam allowance on all four sides of assembled back. Pin back into place behind front and hand stitch into place. Attach Velcro tabs evenly spaced as shown in photo to keep back opening closed.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Make an Origami Crane Video
- Easy Origami Jumping Frog
- Easy Origami Hearts
- DIY Beet Dye for Fabric
- Butterfly Lace Mandala Adult Coloring Page
- Intricate Snowflake Adult Coloring Page
- Crochet Pumpkin Patch Bear
- Hanukkah Gift Envelopes
- Easy New Year's Eve Poppers
- Angled Mesh Crochet Scarf
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home