We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"“My Mama, my Mama, it so cute!” There are my daughter’s words when she saw the crochet llama. Her reaction is one for the reasons I crochet and this llama deserves that reaction. It is just a perfectly cute gift for any llama lover. After making this llama as a little stuffed animal, I wanted to make a larger version to act as a decorative pillow on my daughters bed. Instead of making a new pattern, I just switched my hook to a size L (8 mm) hook and used some soft blanket yarn for the llama. It turned out just wonderful in the larger version. The two patterns are not identical but there are simple notes on how to make the blanket yarn version."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook, L/11 or 8 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeRed Heart Yarn Gauge: 7 SC X 8 Rows = 2 inches
Bernat Blanket Yarn Gauge: 10 SC x 10 rows = 4 inches
Finished SizeRed Heart Yarn Llama – 14 in. tall by 7.5 in. wide Bernat Blanket Yarn Llama -21 in. tall bu 12 in. wide
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Your search for a super easy crochet slippers pattern ends here. Make the very adorable Pom Pom Crochet Slippers for Adults. This free… Continue reading: "Pom Pom Crochet Slippers for Adults"
- Super Simple Cup Coasters
- Petite Little Pumpkin for Fall Autumn Halloween Thanksgiving
- Fall Foliage Afghan
- Aligned Cobble Stitch Anytime Tote Crochet Pattern
- Cozy Fall Shrug Crochet Pattern
- How to Crochet a Bavarian Square
- Crochet Spiderwebs Table Runner
- Entirely Easy Men's Crochet Scarf
- How to Crochet the Bavarian Rectangle
- Beginner One Skein East Village Slouch Hat
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Sewing Tricks- How-to Make Shaped Bag Straps
- Crinkle Pumpkin Ami
- Easy To Make Felt Gift Bags For Hanukkah Or Christmas
- Halloween Window Clings
- Tunisian Poppy Flower Applique
- Through The Window Beanie
- Bear Paw Quilt Block
- Free Christmas Printables
- Upcycled Book Page Christmas Wreath
- Repurposed Altoid Tin Assemblages
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home