Santaland Holiday Baby Cocoon
This Santaland Holiday Baby Cocoon is a great Christmas gift for a mother to be or her new baby. Whether you use it for baby's holiday photos or to keep baby cozy all season, this easy-to-crochet cocoon is darling. Best of all, this crocheted Christmas gift works up quickly and is the perfect last-minute gift idea for a new baby. Very crafty crocheters could even embellish this baby cocoon with an embroidered name or date of birth, adding a cute personal touch to this adorable gift.
Find more festive holiday patterns in Red Heart's special eBook, Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects.
- 1 skein Red Heart® Super Saver® yarn in Cherry Red (A)
- 2 balls Red Heart® Spark-a-Doodle™ yarn in White Cloud (B)
- 6mm [US J-10] and 5.5mm [US I-9] crochet hooks
- Stitch marker
- Yarn needle
- 10 sc = 4” using A and smaller hook.
Work in space between sts where indicated. Ch 2 at beginning of each round does not count as a st.
- With smaller hook and A, ch 5, slip stitch in first ch to form ring.
- Round 1: Ch 2, work 10 dc in ring, slip stitch in first dc – 10 dc.
- Round 2: Ch 2, dc in first dc, dc in next space between dcs, *dc in next dc, dc in next space between dcs; repeat from * around, slip stitch in first dc – 20 dc.
- Round 3: Ch 2, *dc in next space, 2 dc in next space; repeat from * around, slip stitch in first dc – 30 dc.
- Round 4: Ch 2, dc each space around, slip stitch in top of beginning ch – 30 dc.
- Round 5: Ch 2, *dc in next 2 spaces, 2 dc in next space; repeat from * around, slip stitch in top of beginning ch – 40 dc.
- Round 6: Ch 2, dc in each space around, slip stitch in top of beginning ch.
- Round 7: Ch 2, *dc in next 3 spaces, 2 dc in next space; repeat from * around, slip stitch in top of beginning ch – 50 dc.
- Round 8: Ch 2, dc in each space around, slip stitch in top of beginning ch – 50 dc.
- Repeat Round 8 until piece measures 16” from beginning. Fasten off.
- Round 1: With wrong side facing and larger hook, join B in first st, ch 1, sc in each st around. Place marker for beginning of round.
- Rounds 2-6: Sc in each st around, working with yarn between pompoms and pushing pompoms to right side of Body.
- Fasten off. Turn right side out. Weave in ends.
With these 21 Easy Crochet Christmas Gifts, you'll have more gift ideas for everyone on your list!