Santaland Holiday Baby Cocoon
This Santaland Holiday Baby Cocoon is a great Christmas gift for a mother to be or her new baby. Whether you use it for baby's holiday photos or to keep baby cozy all season, this easy-to-crochet cocoon is darling. Best of all, this crocheted Christmas gift works up quickly and is the perfect last-minute gift idea for a new baby. Very crafty crocheters could even embellish this baby cocoon with an embroidered name or date of birth, adding a cute personal touch to this adorable gift.
Find more festive holiday patterns in Red Heart's special eBook, Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects.
- 1 skein Red Heart® Super Saver® yarn in Cherry Red (A)
- 2 balls Red Heart® Spark-a-Doodle™ yarn in White Cloud (B)
- 6mm [US J-10] and 5.5mm [US I-9] crochet hooks
- Stitch marker
- Yarn needle
- 10 sc = 4” using A and smaller hook.
Work in space between sts where indicated. Ch 2 at beginning of each round does not count as a st.
- With smaller hook and A, ch 5, slip stitch in first ch to form ring.
- Round 1: Ch 2, work 10 dc in ring, slip stitch in first dc – 10 dc.
- Round 2: Ch 2, dc in first dc, dc in next space between dcs, *dc in next dc, dc in next space between dcs; repeat from * around, slip stitch in first dc – 20 dc.
- Round 3: Ch 2, *dc in next space, 2 dc in next space; repeat from * around, slip stitch in first dc – 30 dc.
- Round 4: Ch 2, dc each space around, slip stitch in top of beginning ch – 30 dc.
- Round 5: Ch 2, *dc in next 2 spaces, 2 dc in next space; repeat from * around, slip stitch in top of beginning ch – 40 dc.
- Round 6: Ch 2, dc in each space around, slip stitch in top of beginning ch.
- Round 7: Ch 2, *dc in next 3 spaces, 2 dc in next space; repeat from * around, slip stitch in top of beginning ch – 50 dc.
- Round 8: Ch 2, dc in each space around, slip stitch in top of beginning ch – 50 dc.
- Repeat Round 8 until piece measures 16” from beginning. Fasten off.
- Round 1: With wrong side facing and larger hook, join B in first st, ch 1, sc in each st around. Place marker for beginning of round.
- Rounds 2-6: Sc in each st around, working with yarn between pompoms and pushing pompoms to right side of Body.
- Fasten off. Turn right side out. Weave in ends.
With these 21 Easy Crochet Christmas Gifts, you'll have more gift ideas for everyone on your list!
Read NextMr. and Mrs. Snowman