Alaskan Winter Crochet Afghan
Don't worry about being snowed in this season because you can learn how to crochet a blanket that will keep your mind active and your body warm. This Alaskan Winter Crochet Afghan isn't just for Christmas, so feel free to leave it out as long as the chilly weather may last. Your home will feel cozier, and you will love wrapping yourself in some handmade warmth. Curl up in your favorite chair with a cup of hot cocoa and bring this crochet blanket pattern to life.
Plus, if you are looking for cozy DIY Christmas gifts, this free crochet blanket makes a fantastic gift. Hooked up in holiday hues, this free crochet pattern will allow your loved one to cuddle up by the fire with handmade love for years to come.
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Find this free crochet blanket pattern and more DIY gift ideas in our collection of charming Christmas DIY ideas.Classic crafters are going to love our 29 Traditional Vintage Christmas Crafts.
- Happy Holidays (100 g/3.5 oz;219 m/240 yds)
- Main Color (MC) Glittery Green (31711) 6
- Contrast A Twinkly White (31709) 4
- One 5.5 mm (U.S. I/9) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Ch(s) = Chain(s)
- Dc = double crochet
- rep = repeat
- Sl st = Slip stitch
- Motif: (make 83). With MC, ch 6. Join with sl st to form a ring.
- 1st rnd: Ch 3. 15 dc in ring. Sl st in top of ch-3. Fasten off .
- 2nd rnd: Join A with sl st to fi rst dc. Ch 3. 1 dc in same dc. (2 dc in next dc) 15 times. Join with sl st in top of ch-3.
- 3rd rnd: Ch 6. (Miss 1 dc. 1 dc in next dc. Ch 3) 15 times. Join with sl st into 3rd ch of ch-6.
- 4th rnd: Sl st into fi rst ch-3 sp.1 sc in same sp as last sl st. *(Ch 3. 1 sc in next ch-3 sp) 3 times. Ch 5. 1 sc in next ch-3 sp. Rep from *3 more times, omitting 1 sc at end of last rep. Join with sl st in fi rst sc. Fasten off .
- 5th rnd: Join MC with sl st in fi rst ch-3 sp. Ch 3. 2 dc in same sp as last sl st. 3 dc into each of next 2 ch-3 sps. 9 dc in next ch-5 sp. (3 dc into each of next 3 ch-3 sps. 9 dc in next ch-5 sp) 3 times. Sl st in top of ch-3. Fasten off .
- Sew Motifs in diagonal strips as shown in picture.
- Tassel: (make 12). Cut a piece of cardboard 4½ ins [11.5 cm] wide. Wind MC around cardboard 25 times. Break yarn, leaving a long end and thread end through a needle. Slip needle through all loops and tie tightly. Remove cardboard and wind yarn tightly around loops 3/4 inch [2 cm] below fold. Fasten securely. Cut through rem loops and trim ends evenly. Attach one tassel to each point at top and bottom of Afghan.
Read NextCrocheted Snowflake Table Runner