Sepia Tone Crocheted Slippers
Men and women alike can keep their toes nice and warm with the help of these Sepia Tone Crocheted Slippers. Great for beginners and advanced crocheters alike, these slippers are cozy and comfy to wear year round. You can easily make them in any color combination you'd like, and they also make great gifts and stocking stuffers for the holidays. There's nothing like a handmade gift, and with these Sepia Tone Crocheted Slippers, you're sure to create something that everyone will cherish and appreciate for years to come.
- Worsted weight yarn in one or two colors, depending on your preference (you will work with two strands held together throughout)
- Size I crochet hook
- Holding two strands together, chain 6
- R 1) 2 sc in second chain from hook sc next 3 chains 3 sc in last chain working down the back loops of the starting chain sc next 3 chains; 1 sc in last chain; ss to first sc
- R 2) Ch 2 (counts as first hdc) hdc next 5 sc; 2 hdc in next sc (middle of the 3 in the end stitch); sc next 5 sc; sc in first sc (middle of the 3 on the opposite end, next to the beginning ch 2); ss to ch 2 to join
- R 3) Ch 2 (counts as first hdc) hdc same stitch; hdc next 5 stitches; 2 hdc in each of next two stitches; hdc next 5 stitches; 2 hdc in last unworked hdc stitch; ss to join at beginning ch2
- R 4) Ch 2 (counts as first hdc) hdc same stitch; hdc next 7 stitches; 2 hdc in each of next two stitches; hdc next 7 stitches; 2 hdc in last stitch; ss to join to first ch2. End of increases
- Work 6 rounds in hdc
- Break yarns and fasten off
- The rest of the slipper will be worked in rows. Hold the toe so that there are 10 stitches on each side and one stitch on each end. Join the yarns 4 stitches from the left edge.
- Work 11 rows in hdc
- Break yarns and fasten off.
- Sew up back seam.
- For ballet style, end here. Weave in ends and they’re ready to wear.
- To make bootie style: Attach yarns to one side of the two unworked stitches from the first flat row. work 3 rows of hdc. break yarns and fasten off
- Attach yarns (I used both colors for the ties as well) to one of the top corners at the front of the slipper. Chain 20
- Fasten off and weave in.
- Repeat on the other corner.