Stitch Package Ornament
Make this wonderful needlepoint project from Nuts About Needlepoint, just in time for the holidays. You can string this pattern to turn it into an ornament that will look great hanging from your tree. Try creating the Stitch Package Ornament for a festive new craft.
- Wired Ribbon (Silk Lame)
- Diagonal Gobelin
- Jacquard in Very Velvet
- Jacquard in Shimmer Blend Ribbon Floss
- Combine a thread that can use two or more threads. Divide a square or rectangle into quadrants with bands of Diagonal Gobelin, and finish it up with a big bow using wired ribbon. What do you have? A charming ornament that looks like a present. Pick 13 or 14 mesh canvas for the most impact.
- The “ribbon” is white and stitched in Silk Lame. Just like a real package, the Diagonal Gobelin goes through in one direction, so it looks as if the ribbon overlaps.
- To finish it, find a wired ribbon about the width of the Diagonal Gobelin. It can be the same or a different color.
- Thread your needle and, from front to back on one corner of the crossing, bring it into the canvas, leaving a long tail.
- Go to the opposite corner of the crossing and bring it out of the canvas.
- Unthread the needle, even up the ends and tie it in a big bow.
- Cut the ribbon ends so they are even and decorative.
- Adjust the wire edges to make it big and pretty. This can also be done, using a curved needle once the ornament is finished.