Felted Crochet Slippers
Use an easy crochet pattern like this one from Bernat Yarns to make some comfortable crochet slippers. This pattern uses felt for a fun design for you and your friends. Your feet can be happy in this warm design.
- Bernat Felting Wool (75 g / 2.6 oz)
- 2 (2-3) balls of #94012 (Meadow).
- Size 6.5 mm (U.S. K/10½) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
10 sc and 12 rows = 4 ins [10 cm].
How to Felt:
- Using low water level, run a Hot/Cold cycle for 5 to 15 min. Add a pair of old jeans for agitation.
- Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda for a small load. After one cycle, check for size. Repeat if necessary.
- Run through the rinse and dry spin cycle.
- Do not use a clothes dryer.
- Lay felted piece onto a dry towel, away from direct heat or sunlight.
- Shape piece to correct measurements.
- If an edge ripples, baste a thread through the edge and gather in. Remove the thread after the felting is dry.
Note: Slipper is worked from toe to heel.
Ch 19 (21-23).
1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch across. Turn. 18 (20-22) sc.
2nd and alt rows: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc across. Turn.
3rd row: Ch 1. 2 sc in first sc. 1 sc in each sc to last sc. 2 sc in last sc. Turn.
5th row: As 3rd row. 22 (24-26) sc.
Work 4 (5-6) row(s) even. Fasten off. Place marker at each end of
With RS of work facing, miss first 3 sc. Join yarn with sl st to next sc. Ch 1. 1 sc in each of first 16 (18-20) sc. Turn. Leave rem sts unworked.
Work 21 (23-25) rows even. With WS tog, fold last row in half and sew heel seam using a flat seam.
Finishing: With WS tog, fold Slipper in half, matching markers. Sew instep seam. Fold toe flat, having instep seam at center. Sew toe seam.
- Record all the measurements and changes before and after felting. You will be able to adjust the method to produce proper results.
- Always test a sample. Different colored yarns may felt differently.
- Colorfastness can be affected by very hot water.
- Any knit fabric that has been properly felted becomes very dense and matted.
If you loved making these slippers, check out these 14 Cozy Crochet and Knit Slipper Patterns.
Read NextFireside Slippers