Crimson Ridge Cowl
This easy cowl crochet pattern from Salihan Crafts is great to wear for those cooler fall and winter days. This is a simple project you can whip up quickly and it makes a great accessory for all your favorite outfits. If you want your cowl to be cozier, you can easily extend the length by adding additional chains on your foundation chain to make your crocheted cowl more of an infinity scarf.
- Chunky yarn of your choice
- US M/N (9mm) crochet hook
- Embroidery needle
- 22" (56cm) circumference around the widest part and narrows to 19" (49cm)
- 9.5" (24cm) tall
Gauge: 10 stitches = 4" (10cm) in single crochet through back loop
This pattern is written using American crochet abbreviations
ch(s) = chain(s)
rnd(s) = round(s)
st(s) = stitch(es)
sc = single crochet
sctbl = single crochet through back loop only
sc2tog tbl = single crochet 2 stitches together through back loops only
- Chain 53 sts. Slip st into the first chain to join in the round.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, 1 sctbl into each st, slip st into the turning ch (52 sts)
- Repeat round 1 until cowl measures 3" (7.5cm)
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, *1 sctbl to next 11 sts, sc2tog tbl*, repeat ** to end of rnd, slip st into the turning ch (48 sts)
- Repeat round 1 until cowl measures 6" (15cm)
- Rnd 3: Ch 1, *1 sctbl to next 6 sts, sc2tog tbl*, repeat ** to end of rnd, slip st into the turning ch (42 sts)
- Repeat round 1 until cowl measures 9" (23cm)
- Rope edging rnd: Working from LEFT to RIGHT (opposite direction), ch 1, sc into each st, slip st into the turning ch.
- Ch 1 and fasten off.
- Weave in loose ends using the embroidering needle.