Cute Bowtie Neckwarmer
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This is such a cute pattern you will love wearing around. Who says bowties are just for men? This is an intermediate crochet pattern that uses a double-ended crochet hook.
- RED HEART® “Soft Yarn®: 1 ball each 9440 Lt Grey
- Heather A, 9520 Seafoam B.
- Crochet Hooks: 6.5mm [US K-10½] – 10” double-ended crochet hook; 6.5 mm [US K-10½] standard hook (used for edging only).
- Two stitch holders (at least 4” length), tapestry needle.
- GAUGE: 19 sts = 4”; 24 rows = 4” in double hook pattern.
CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
The ends and center sections of the scarf are worked in the double-ended hook technique. The pick-up action and work-off action are listed as two separate rows.
The Keyhole sections are worked in Tunisian Crochet where the pick-up and work-off actions comprise one row. A row is complete when you have one stitch remaining on the hook.
When working in horizontal stitches, insert hook under top loop only.
Horiz = horizontal
Vert = vertical
TKS = Tunisian Knit Stitch – Insert hook from front to back between vertical strands of same st, yo and draw through keeping loop on hook.
With A, ch 3.
Row 1: Working in bump on wrong side of ch, pick up loop in 2nd ch from hook and remaining ch; slide loops to opposite end of hook and turn – 3 loops on hook.
Row 2: Place slip knot of B on left end of hook; draw slip knot through first loop, [yo, draw through 2 loops] twice; 1 loop of B remains. DO NOT TURN.
Row 3: Pick up loop in first horiz st, pick up loop under next vert bar, pick up loop in next horiz st, pick up loop under final vert bar; slide loops to opposite end of hook and turn – 5 loops.
Row 4: Pick up A, yo, draw through 1 loop; * yo, draw through 2 loops; repeat from * across until 1 loop of A remains. DO NOT TURN.
Row 5: Pick up loop in first horiz st, pick up loop under next vert bar, pick up loop in each horiz st until 2 vert bars remain, pick up loop under next vert bar, pick up loop under final horiz st, skip final vert bar; slide loops to opposite end of hook and turn – 7 loops.
Rows 6-19: Repeat Rows 4-5, alternating two rows of A and two rows of B – 21 sts at end of Row 19.
Row 20: Repeat Row 4.
Row 21: Pick up a loop in each horiz st; slide loops to opposite end of hook and turn – 21 loops.
Row 22: Repeat 4 with B.
Row 23-30: Repeat Rows 21-22, alternating two rows of A and two rows of B.
DIVIDE FOR KEYHOLE-Row 31: * Pick up loop in next horiz st, transfer loop to stitch holder, pick up loop in next horiz st holding it on hook; repeat from * keeping st holder to the back of work. DO NOT TURN – 11 B sts on hook, 10 B sts on holder
Row 32: Working only sts on hook, yo, draw through one loop, * yo, draw through 2 loops; repeat from * across; drop B, ch 1 with A.
Row 33: TKS in each st across – 11 sts.
Row 33 Return: Yo, draw through 1 loop; *yo, draw through 2 loops; repeat from * across until 1 loop remains;
DO NOT TURN.
Rows 34-40 Return: Repeat Row 33 and Row 33 Return.
Row 41: TKS in each st across, transfer loops to 2nd stitch holder.
Work 2nd half of 1st keyhole: Turn work, place loops from 1st st holder on hook making sure B yarn is to the left.
Repeat Rows 32 – 41 on 10 sts with B.
Rejoin sts: Holding work so st holder with 11 sts is closest to you, replace loops on hook beginning with 1st st at right edge of front holder and alternating 1 st from each holder.
21 sts on hook, one strand of yarn at each edge of work.
Row 42: Repeat Row 4 with A, drop A, ch 1 with B.
Rows 43-146: Repeat Rows 21-22, alternating two rows of
A and two rows of B.
DIVIDE FOR KEYHOLE-Row 147: Repeat Row 31.
Rows 148-157: Repeat Rows 32-41.
Work 2nd half of 2nd keyhole as for first through Rejoining Sts.
Row 158: Repeat Row 42.
Rows 159-168: Repeat Rows 21-22 alternating two rows of A and two rows of B.
Row 169: Skip 1st horiz st, pick up loop in each horiz st until 2 remain; skip next horiz st, pick up loop in final horiz st; slide loops to opposite end of hook and turn – 19 loops.
Row 170: Repeat Row 4.
Rows 171-184: Repeat rows 169-170; noting two fewer loops on hook each pick-up row – 5 loops at end of Row 183.
Row 185: Skip first horiz st, slip st in next horiz st, skip next horiz st, slip st in final horiz st; transfer final loop of A to standard hook for edging. Fasten off B.
Edging: Ch 1, turn so predominantly A side is facing; working in ends of rows, sc evenly around working through top thickness only of keyhole section, join with slip st in beginning sc. Fasten off. Weave in yarn ends.
ABBREVIATIONS: A, B = color A, B; ch = chain; mm = millimeters; st(s) = stitch(es); yo = yarn over; * or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated; [ ] = work directions in brackets the number of times specified.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Houndstooth Crocheted Scarf
- Quick and Easy Crochet Scarf
- Beautiful Bohemian Crochet Scarf
- Valiant Stripes Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Fall In Love Crochet Infinity Scarf Pattern
- Dueling Colors Crochet Cowl
- Sampler Crochet Cowl Scarf
- 23 Crochet Shawl Patterns and Wraps
- Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Stunning Leather Trimmed Crochet Scarf Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Prevent Fabric Shrinkage
- Tassel and Trim DIY Throw Pillow
- Ripples of Joy Christmas Afghan Crochet Pattern
- Austin Cables Throw
- Dreamy Baby
- Winter’s Cerise Crochet Slouch
- Colourful Baby Blanket
- Altered Paper Tube Decor
- 11 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations free eBook
- You’re A Star Shaker Card Tutorial
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home