We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Learn how to crochet a Summer Hat that will put everyone to shame. As summer approaches, we're reminded of the wide brimmed hats that take over the beaches as far as the eye can see. Now, you don't have to settle for a store-bought accessory; you can make one at home yourself. With this crochet hat pattern, you just start with a magic circle, and the rest is history! Hats like this are a summer staple everywhere. Don't you deserve a cute hat?
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
- Sturdy ribbon yarn
- Crochet hook, 5mm [US H-8]
You start with a magic ring and you crochet a circle to a size that you can determine yourself.
Then you stop increasing the circle, so you actually crochet the cloak of the hat.
When the mantle is high enough, start increasing again. I do this in 3 rows. In the first row I increase every 4 stitches, the 2nd row I don’t increase and in the 3rd row I increase every 2 stitches.
Then just work a few more rounds until you find that the brim of the hat is wide enough!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Beginner Crochet Cap
- 48 Free Crochet Hat Patterns
- 50+ Crochet Patterns & Beginner Help
- 7 Free Chemo Hat Patterns
- Grey Slouchie Crochet Beanie Pattern
- 18 Free Crochet Hat Patterns For Men
- 31+ Cute Crochet Patterns for Babies
- Newsboy Hat Crochet Pattern
- Faux Mistake Rib Easy Crochet Hat
- Elevated Honeycomb Crochet Hat
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Paint On Glass
- How To Make Lipgloss
- Party Food Ideas: How To Make An Impressive Owl Meatloaf
- You've Been Booed Printable
- Campfire Earflap Beanie
- Rbg Lace Collar
- Papier Mache Mirror Frame
- Everyday Tapered Beanie
- How To Sew A Cloak With Hood
- Harvest Pocket Shawl
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home