Flirty 50s Scalloped Crocheted Hat
This sweet Flirty 50s Scalloped Crocheted Hat is great for little girls. Complete with a romantic scalloped border, this crocheted hat pattern gives you vintage style with today's twist. Leave this hat as is or embellish it with a lovely crocheted flower or an assortment of colorful buttons. Regardless of how you complete it, this hat will never go out of style.
- 5mm (H) hook
- Double knit (8ply) with the color of your choice. I used cream.
- Stitch marker
- Wool needle
Gauge: 2” = 7 stitches x 6 rows
If your hat is coming out too big go down one hook size and vice versa if it’s too small.
- HK - hook
- CH - chain
- SS – Slip Stitch
- HDC – half double crochet
- SC – Single Crochet
- SC INC – Single Crochet increase
- SC DEC – Single Crochet increase
- HDC INC – Half double crochet Increase. Increase by placing 2 hdc in 1 stitch.
- HDC DEC – Half double crochet decrease. Yarn over hook, through 1st stitch, yarn over hook through, hook through next stitch, yarn over hook pull through. Yarn over hook and pull through all the loops.
Mark the start of each round and then move marker as a round is completed. You Don’t need to ss to join you just carry on to make the next round
This Hat fits most ages 3 yrs + as they usually stretch. If you are wanting to make it larger, add another row of HDC increases and add another row to the pattern.
- Ch 2 (or use magic circle)
- Round 1 6 hdc in the 2nd ch from the hook (6)
- Round 2 6 hdc inc (12)
- Round 3 *1 hdc, hdc inc* x 6 (18)
- Round 4 *2 hdc, hdc inc* x 6 (24)
- Round 5 *3 hdc, hdc inc* x 6 (30)
- Round 6 *4 hdc, hdc inc* x 6 (36)
- Round 7 *5 hdc, hdc inc* x 6 (42)
- Round 8 *6 hdc, hdc inc* x 6 (48)
- Round 9 *7 hdc, hdc inc * x 6 (54)
- Round 10 *8 hdc, hdc inc* x 6 (60)
- Round 11 *9hdc, hdc inc* x 6 (66)
- Round 12-23 hdc around (66)
- Round 24 1 ss, 5 hdc in the next stitch, * 2 ss, 5 hdc in next stitch* x 21, 1ss, finish