Lacy Wrist Warmers
Keep your hands toasty and your fingers free to work with this wrist warmers crochet pattern or fingerless mittens crochet pattern. These stylish wrist warmers would make a great gift or a quick crochet project. You can make them in any color combination you'd like, and they're the perfect gift to make for the teen or tween in your life. Not only are they comfortable, fun, and fashionable, but they leave fingers free for typing and texting. These Lacy Wrist Warmers are sure to be appreciated by anyone lucky enough to receive them.
- 1 ball Red Heart® Eco-Ways™ yarn in Storm (A)
- 1 ball Red Heart® Eco-Ways™ yarn in Lichen (B)
- 6mm [US J-10] crochet hook
- Yarn needle
Gauge: 14 sts = 4” in dc.
- fpdc (front post double crochet): yarn over, insert hook from front to back to front around the post of indicated stitch and draw yarn through, [yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook] twice.
- bpdc (back post double crochet): yarn over, insert hook from back to front to back around the post of indicated stitch and draw yarn through, [yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook] twice.
Directions are for size Small/Medium; changes for size Medium/Large are in parentheses.
To Change Color: Work the joining slip st with next color to be used.
Do not cut yarn when changing color but drop to the wrong side of the work and pick up again as needed.
- With A ch 26 (30) loosely; join with a slip st in first ch to form a ring making sure that the ch is not twisted.
- Rnd 1: Ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in next ch and in each ch around; join with a slip st in top of ch-3 – 26 (30) sts.
- Rnd 2: Ch 3, fpdc around next st, * bpdc around next st, fpdc around next st; repeat from * around; join with a slip st in top of ch-3.
- Rnd 3: With B repeat Rnd 2.
- Rnds 4 and 5: With A repeat Rnd 2.
- Rnds 6-11: Repeat Rnds 3-5.
- Rnd 12: Repeat Rnd 3.
- Rnds 13 and 14: With A ch 3, dc in next st and in each st around; join.
- Rnd 15: With B ch 1, sc in each st around; join with a slip st in first sc.
- Rnds 16 and 17: Repeat Rnds 13 and 14.
- Rnd 18 (Thumb Opening): With B ch 1, sc in same st as joining, ch 4, skip next 4 dc, sc in each dc around; join.
- Rnd 19: With A ch 3, 4 dc in ch-4-space, dc in each sc around; join.
- Rnd 20: Repeat Rnd 13. Cut A.
- Rnd 21: With B ch 1, sc in same st as joining, * skip next dc, 5 dc in next dc, skip next dc **, sc in next dc; repeat from * around, end at **; join. Fasten off.
FINISHING - Cuff Edging
Rnd 1: With right side facing, join B at lower (cuff) edge; ch 1, sc in same st as joining, *skip next ch, 5 dc in next ch, skip next ch **, sc in next ch; repeat from * around, end at **; join. Fasten off. Weave in ends.