Soft Shoulder Shrug
This Soft Shoulder Shrug will keep you classy and warm. The free crochet pattern is easy enough to follow that you can make a shrug in every color! Throw one on over a formal dress or keep it handy at work - no matter what, you'll look good and feel even better. Simple crochet patterns are perfect for beginners and so much fun to work on. If you're new to the world of crochet and want to start slow, consider working on this free pattern idea. You can give it as a gift during the holiday season or save it and wear it yourself - the choice is yours!
- Caron International's Black Magic (50% acrylic, 50% wool; 1.76 oz/50 g, 59 yds/54 m ball): 4 (5, 5, 6) balls in color of your choice.
- One size US M/N-13 (9 mm) crochet hook, or size to obtain gauge
- 2" metal craft ring,
- Tapestry needle (tn)
In Stitch pattern, 10 sc = 4"; 3 V-sts = 3"; 2 rows sc and 2 rows V-st = 3"
Small (Medium, Large, X-Large)
Circumference 36 (40 1/2, 45, 49 1/2)"
Chain (ch), Double crochet (dc),
Single crochet (sc)
V-Stitch (V-st): [dc, ch 2, dc] in next st.
Beginning at center Front, chain 32.
Row 1: Sc in second ch from hook and each ch across; turn—31 sc.
Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as dc), skip 3 sts, * work V-st in next st, skip next 2 sts; repeat from * 9 times, end dc in last st; turn—2 dc, 9 V-sts.
Row 3: Ch 1, work 2 sc in first st, 3 sc in each V-st across, 2 sc in last st; turn—31 sc. Row 4: Ch 3 (counts as dc), [work V-st in center st of next 3-sc group above V-st of Row 2] 9 times, end dc in last st; turn—2 dc, 9 V-sts.
Rows 5 – 46 (52, 58, 66): Repeat Rows 3 and 4.
Row 47 (53, 59, 67): Repeat Row 3; do NOT fasten off.
1. Attach Ring to Last Row: Ch 1, working over Ring and in sts of last row at the same time, pull up a loop in next 2 sts, yo and draw through all 3 loops on hook, [pull up a loop in next 3 sts, yo and draw through all 4 loops on hook] 9 times, pull up a loop in next 2 sts, yo and draw through all 3 loops on hook; do NOT fasten off.
2. Continuing along long side: (in row ends), ch 1, skip next row, * work [3 sc in next row, ch 1, skip next row]; repeat from* across to opposite end (beginning chain); do NOT fasten off.
3. Attach Ring to Opposite End: Working in remaining loops of beginning chain and opposite side of ring at the same time, pull up a loop in next 2 ch, yo and draw through all 3 loops on hook, [pull up loop in next 3 ch, yo and draw through all 4 loops on hook] 9 times, draw up a loop in next 2 ch, yo and draw through all 3 loops on hook; do NOT fasten off. 4. Continuing along remaining long side: Ch 1, skip next row, * work [3 sc in next row, ch 1, skip next row]; repeat from * across, join with a slip st in first st. Fasten off.
Weave in all ends.
Washing And Drying: Hand wash gently in cold water using a mild detergent. Gently rinse well in cold water. Lay flat on a towel and roll in towel to remove excess water. DO NOT WRING, STRETCH OR HANG TO DRY.
Read NextSummer Air Crochet Tunic