Simply Soft Striped Poncho
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
You'll love the finished product that comes out of this poncho pattern. The different colored yarns adds some nice depth and design. Of course the fringe and tie make for great embellishments.
S (M, L)
Neck 10 (11, 12 1/2)"
Length 9 (12, 16)", excluding fringe
- Caron International's Simply Soft Brites (100% acrylic):
- #9607 Limelight, 2 skeins, all sizes (A) - use double strand
- #9610 Grape, 1 skein all sizes (B)
- Caron International's Simply Soft Boucle (99% acrylic, 1% polyester):
- #0013 Grape, 2 (3, 4) balls (C)
- One size US K/10 1/2 (6.5 mm) crochet hook
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle (tn)
In Fan stitch, using 2 strands A held together, 3 fans = 4"/10 cm and 3 rnds = 2"/5cm
In double crochet, using 1 strand C, 2 sts and 2 rnds = 2"/5 cm
Increase (inc): [dc, ch 1, dc] in next st/space—counts as 3 sts
Double crochet (dc)
Fan Stitch (Fan st)
* Ch 1, skip 3 sts, work 3 dc in next st/space; repeat from * as indicated in instructions—counts as 4 sts (one Motif plus ch-1 space).
In next ch-space, work [3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc]—counts as 8 sts, (one Motif each side of ch-2 space).
1. Poncho is worked in-the-round from neck edge to lower edge.
2. One motif = 3 dc (of Fan St or V-st).
3. The ch-2 of V-st = center Front and Back points; the ch-1 of inc = shoulder points.
Using C, ch 44 (60, 76) sts; being careful not to twist chain, join with a slip st to form a ring.
Rnd 1: Ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1), dc in first st [increase made], * dc in next 10 (14, 18) ch, inc in next ch; rep from * 3 times, end dc in next 10 (14, 18) ch, join with a slip st to third ch of beg ch-4—52 (68,
84) sts, counting ch-1 spaces. Fasten off C. Join A (2 strands of held together) with a slip st to last st.
Rnd 2: Ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1), dc in first st [increase made], * work Fan st [2 (3, 4) times], ch 1, skip 3, work V-st in next ch-1 space, work Fan st [2 (3, 4) times], ch 1, skip 3 +, inc in next space; rep
from * once, end rep at +, join with a slip st in third ch of beg ch-4—3 (4, 5) motifs between points.
Rnd 3: Ch 4 (counts as dc and ch 1), dc in first st [increase made], * work Fan st in next ch-1 space [3 (4, 5) times], ch 1, skip 3, V-st in next ch-2 space, Fan st in next ch-1 space [3 (4, 5) times], ch 1,
skip 3 +, inc in next ch-1 space; rep from * once, end rep at +, join with a slip st in third ch of beg ch-4—4 (5, 6) motifs between points.
Rnd 4: Ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1), dc in first st [increase made], *ch 1, work 3 dc in next ch-1 space, Fan st in next ch-1 space [3 (4, 5) times], ch 1, work 3 dc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1, work V-st in next ch-2
space, ch-1, work 3 dc in next ch-1 space, Fan st in next ch-1 space [3 (4, 5) times], ch 1 +, inc in next ch-1 space; rep from * once, end rep at +, join with a slip st in third ch of beg ch-4—5 (6, 7) motifs
between points. Fasten off A. Join C with a slip st to last st.
Rnd 5: Ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1), dc in first st [increase made], * [dc in next 3 dc, skip ch-1] 5 (6, 7) times +, inc in next ch-space; rep from * 3 times, end last rep at +, join with a slip st in third ch of beg
ch-4—72 (84, 96) sts.
Rnd 6: Ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1), beg in first st, work 17 (20, 23) dc +, inc st in next ch-1 space; rep from *3 times, end last rep at +, join with a slip st in third ch of beg ch-4—80 (92, 104) sts.
Continuing to work increased sts between inc and V-st into patt as est,
Repeat Rnds 2 – 6: 2 (2, 3) times.
Repeat Rnds 2 - 5: 0 (1, 1) time(s).
Using tn, weave in all ends.
Using A and B, cut strands 12" long. Holding 3 strands together [alternate colors as desired], fold fringe in half. Using crochet hook, * insert hook from WS to RS into first st at one corner, pull through loop
[fold of strands], insert ends into loop and pull tight against edge; repeat from *, working into every other stitch around entire lower edge of Poncho.
Using hook and 1 strand each of A and B, make slip knot; insert 3 strands of fringe in knot to form tassel. Cont with 2 strands held together, ch 100 (120, 140). Cut yarn; before fastening off yarn, insert 3
strands of fringe into last st, fasten off. Tie a knot at the top of each tassel.
Beg at center Front V-st, using hook, weave tie between sts at neck edge (see photo).
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- The Fastest, Easiest Crochet Poncho Pattern Ever
- Mountain Breeze Crochet Poncho Pattern
- Sensational Free Crochet Shawl Pattern
- Simply Savvy Crochet Ruana Pattern
- Open Pattern Poncho
- Hooded Poncho Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Sidewalk Shawl Crochet Pattern
- Featherlight Crochet Poncho
- Perfectly Panache Chic Poncho
- 37 Crochet Ponchos and Capelets
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Rainbow Ruffle Cowl
- Diy Christmas Tree Ornament -2 Free Templates
- Moroccan Weekend Wrap
- Photo Frame Christmas Signs
- Chaucer Twist - One Hour Cowl Pattern
- Thank Scrunchie It’s Friday! - Crochet Scrunchie Pattern
- Easy Twisted Headband
- Upcycled Plaid Shirt Christmas Stocking Tutorial
- Candy Cane Mason Jar Luminary
- Diy Velcro( Hook And Loop Fastener) Toys
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home