We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Learn how to crochet a stunning wrap pattern with the Sage One Skein Wrap. Crochet this fabulous one skein wrap for you or a friend. The sage color is perfect for the summer months. A free crochet pattern like this one is great to have on hand in all your favorite colors.
This easy crochet wrap is perfect for beginners and also makes a great weekend project for those who are more advanced in their crochet skills. Take it to a play, wear it to the beach, or just cozy up with a cup of tea and a good book and let this one skein wrap add a fashionable and fun look to your wardrobe.
When the winter months come, having something cozy to curl up in can make you day just so much better. Be toasty and totally chic with crochet wrap patterns like this one. This gorgeous free crochet wrap pattern looks absolutely lovely in sage, but you could easily transform into a design featuring your favorite color, too.
Crochet HookN/15 or 10 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeIn pattern stitch, 1 pattern repeat = 2 1/2"/6.5 cm and 6 rows = 4"/10 cm.
Gauge is not critical for this project.
Finished SizeWrap measures approximately 17"/43 cm wide x 60"/152.5 cm long. If a wider wrap is desired, add 7 chains or Fsc for each additional repeat desired. For a narrower wrap, subtract 7 chains or Fsc for each repeat to be reduced.
- 1 skein Caron International One Pound (100% acrylic; 16 oz/454 g, 812 yds/742 m skein) yarn in Soft Sage
- US N-15 (10 mm) crochet hook, or size to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
Find more crochet clothes pattern on our list of 23 Crochet Shawl Patterns and Wraps
How to Make the Sage One Skein Wrap
Note: The wrap can begin with a familiar foundation chain (ch 46) or with a row of foundation single crochet (Fsc).
Beginning with foundation chain: Ch 49, (dc, ch 1, dc) in 4th ch from hook, then continue with Row 1.
Beginning with row of foundation single crochet: Fsc 46, ch 3, (dc, ch 1, dc) in first Fsc, then continue with Row 1.
Row 1 (RS): Sk next 2 chs or sts, sc in next ch or st, *ch 3, sk next 3 chs or sts, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next ch or st (V-st made), sk next 2 chs or sts, sc in next ch or st; repeat from * across, turn—7 sc, 7 V-sts, and 7 ch-3 sps.
Rows 2–90: Ch 3, (dc, ch 1, dc) in first sc, *sc in next ch-3 sp, ch 3, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next sc; repeat from * across, sc in top of turning ch, turn.
Row 91: Ch 1, work 1 sc in each sc, dc, and ch across, do not turn—46 sc.
Round 1: Working in ends of rows across side edge, *(sc, ch 1, sc) around turning ch of next row, ch 1, sk next sc row; repeat from * across side edge, sc in side of last row of side edge, ch 1; working along opposite side of first row (short edge), **sc in next ch or st, ch 1; repeat from ** across; work across opposite side edge in same manner as first side edge; work across sts of last row (Row 91) in same manner as opposite short edge; join with slip st in first sc. Fasten off.
Using yarn needle, weave in all ends.
More Cute Crochet Wrap Patterns:
If you loved this crochet wrap, you need to try these other patterns! From light and lacy spring shawls to cozy fall wraps, there is something here for every person and every season. You can also experiment with a variety of stiches when making these easy crochet projects. These gorgeous shawls, wraps, and capelets makes great Christmas and birthday gifts for your mother, daughter, or friend. What are you waiting for? Check out the patterns below and get started!
- Foundation single crochet (This technique creates a foundation chain and a row of single crochet stitches in one)
- Step 1
- Place a slip knot on hook, ch 2, insert hook in second ch from hook and draw up a loop; yarn over and draw through one loop on hook (the "chain"); yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook (the "single crochet").
- Step 2
- The following stitch is worked under the forward 2 loops of the stem of the previous stitch (into the "chain"). Insert hook into the face of the "chain" and under the nub at the back of the "chain", draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through one loop on hook (the "chain"), yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook (the "single crochet"). Repeat for the length of foundation.
If you are new to crochet patterns or just need some tips and tricks, check out our selection of 50+ Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners. This collection includes baby blanket patterns, free scarf patterns, answers to your biggest crochet questions, and more! Get the collection today: 50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
Describe your favorite shawl style: big and bulky blanket shawls, light and lacy, triangular, rectangular, etc!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Create a beautiful hand-stitched cloth napkin for your home with this Adorable Hand Stitched DIY Tea Towels tutorial. If you're a big… Continue reading: "Adorable Hand Stitched DIY Tea Towelsvideocam"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Brown Sheep Synchrony Yarn
- How to make Lavender Bags
- Small Zipper Pouch
- Organizer Sewing Pattern
- One Evening Beanie
- Simple Mittens
- Ruffled Shawlette
- Emil, the Preemie Crochet Octopus
- Eyelet Crochet Bag
- Lemon Squeezy Baby Blanket
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home