Simple Crochet Poncho
This simple and pretty poncho from Bernat Yarns should be a staple in every woman's closet. It is an easy crochet pattern that is great for beginners.
- Bernat Softee Chunky (Solids: 100 g/3.5 oz, Ombres: 80 g/2.8 oz)
- XS/M 4 balls
- L/2XL 5 balls
- 3XL/5XL 5 balls
- XS/M 5 balls
- L/2XL 7 balls
- 3XL/5XL 8 balls
- Crochet Hook: size 8 mm (U.S. L or 11) or size needed to obtain gauge.
To fit bust measurement
- Extra-Small/Medium 28-38 ins [ 71-96.5 cm ]
- Large/2 Extra-Large 40-50 ins [ 101.5-127 cm ]
- 3 Extra-Large/5 Extra-Large 52-62 ins [ 132-158 cm ]
Finished lengths from neck to bottom point
- Extra-Small/Medium 19¾ ins [ 50 cm ]
- Large/2 Extra-Large 21¼ ins [ 54 cm ]
- 3 Extra-Large/5 Extra-Large 24 ins [ 61 cm ]
GAUGE: 11 sts and 11 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in pat.
Make 2 pieces alike. Ch 84 (88-94).
1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. *Ch 1. Miss next ch. 1 sc in next ch. Rep from * to end of ch. 83 (87-93) sts. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. *1 sc in next ch-1 sp. Ch 1. Miss next sc. Rep from * to last ch-1 sp and sc. 1 sc in last ch-1 sp. 1 sc in last sc. Turn.
3rd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. *Ch 1. Miss next sc. 1 sc in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * to last 2 sc. Ch 1. Miss next sc. 1 sc in last sc. Turn.
Rep last 2 rows of pat for 14 (15-17) ins [35.5 (38-43) cm]. Fasten off.
Sew two pieces as shown in diagram.
Make chain 37 ins [94 cm] long. Fasten off. Starting at center front, thread Drawstring around neck edge ¾ inch [2 cm] in from edge.