This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Crochet Seashell Bag
"This crochet seashell bag made by joining 2 half circles together. The pattern looks a little complicated, but it is so much more easy to crochet than you thought. The bag has straw or raffia-like color and a nice texture, too. This is a medium size bag you can carry out with your essentials. I used the strap with lobster clasp from another bag I had a long time ago. I have included lots of photos to clearly understand."
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge13 sc x 14 rows = 4″ with I-9, 5.5mm crochet hook
Finished Size11″ height x 11.5″ wide.
- #4-Medium / Worsted / Cotton / Approx: 200 yards
- I-9, 5.5mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle for weaving ends.
- Pins, scissors, tape measure.
- Lining Piece Approx: 30″ x30″, needle and thread for the lining.
- Zipper about 15” long (zipper should be 2-3” longer than the opening of the bag)
- Shoulder strap with lobster clasps (I used removable strap from old handbag)
- 2 D rings to attach to the bag 2 side.
Read NextStriped Crochet Market Bag