We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Crochet an attractive baby blanket in an Aran design for a baby shower gift or your own home. This easy baby blanket crochet pattern is done in eco-friendly yarn, making it the perfect crochet baby blanket for even the most sensitive little bundle of joy. This free crochet pattern requires about one skein of yarn in a light and lovely, allowing you to create a cuddly pattern. This baby blanket pattern looks especially stunning in a light, cream colored yarn. This color scheme makes it easy to make this pattern for the newest baby in your life no matter the gender.
If you are looking for a really giving way to show the new baby you care, pair this crochet blanket pattern with a matching baby hat for a cuddly, leaving-the-hospital outfit. Crochet patterns are great for babies, because they are cuddly warm and lack unsafe notions like buttons and zippers.
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeIn double crochet, 12 sts = 4"/10 cm (Gauge is not critical for this project)
Finished SizeThrow measures approximately 30" wide by 42" long, excluding edging
- Yarn: Caron International's Simply Soft Eco (80% Acrylic, 20% NatureSpun™ Polyester): Shown in: #0002 Natural 15oz/ 425g
- Crochet Hook: One size US I/9 (5.5 mm) crochet hook or size to obtain gauge
- Stitch markers
- Yarn needle
- Row counter (optional)
This crochet baby blanket pattern is a reader favorite. Find even more FaveCrafter faves in our collection of The 100: Craft Project Ideas and Crochet Project Ideas You Loved in 2015
How to Crochet: Natural Baby Blanket Pattern
Double crochet (dc)
Shell: Work (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) all in next st.
Bobble: Work 4 dc in next st; remove hook from final loop, insert hook through top of first 4 dc, pull final loop through.
Bobble and Shell Pattern (multiple of 18 + 11):
Row 1: Beginning in third ch from hook, dc in third ch, * [ch 3, skip 3 ch, dc in next ch] twice, ch 1, skip next ch, dc in next 7 ch, ch 1, skip next ch, dc in next ch; repeat from * 3 times, end [ch 3, skip 3 ch, dc in next ch] twice, dc in last ch; turn.
Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in next dc, * [ch 3, skip 3 ch, dc in next dc], twice, ch 1, skip next ch, dc in next 7 dc, ch 1, skip next ch, dc in next dc; repeat from * 3 times, end [ch 3, skip 3 ch, dc in next dc] twice, dc in last dc.
Row 3: Ch 1, sc in next 2 dc, * work shell in next dc, sc in next dc, ch 1, sc in next 7 dc, ch 1, sc in next dc; repeat from * 3 times, end work shell in next dc, sc in last 2 dc; turn.
Row 4: Ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in next dc, ch 2, * sc in ch-3 space of shell, ch 3, dc in next sc, ch 1, dc in next 7 sc, ch 1, dc in next sc, ch 3; repeat from * 3 times, end sc in ch-3 space of shell, ch 3, dc in last 2 sc; turn.
Row 5: Ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in next dc, * ch 3, dc in next sc, ch 3, dc in next dc, ch 1, dc in next 3 dc, work Bobble in next st, dc in next 3 dc, ch 1, dc in next dc; repeat from * 3 times, end ch 3 dc in next sc, ch 3, dc in last 2 dc.
Begin Bobble and Shell pattern; work Rows 1 – 5 once, then 4-row repeat 15 times.
Work Rows 2 – 4 once.
Work 1 row as for Row 2.
Edging: Join yarn at any corner.
Rnd 1: Ch 2, dc in each st across top and bottom edges, work 2 dc in each end-of-row along each side edge, join with a slip st to beginning ch.
Rnd 2: Ch 1, sc in next st, * skip 2 sts, work 5 dc in next st, skip 2 sts, sc in next st; repeat from * around, join with a slip st to first st.
Using yarn needle, weave in all ends.
For more adorable baby blanket patterns, check out 15 Unique Baby Blankets to Crochet for Your Special Little One
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Foolproof Afghan Pattern
- Cupcake Afghan
- 51 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
- Baby's First Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Easy One Ball Crochet Baby Blanket and Hat Set
- 41 Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- Two Color Easy Afghan Crochet Pattern
- The Coziest Crocheted Baby Blanket Ever
- Beautiful Crochet Baby Blanket
- Diamond Bobble Baby Blanket
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quicksilver Shawlette
- Make DIY blank books from leftover notebook paper
- Refashion shorts into a skirt
- Repurposed Shutters Sign for Halloween
- Halloween Pencil Box
- 50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- Tea Time
- Diamonds and Ice Mandala Coloring Page
- Emperor's Festival Adult Coloring Page
- Pure Royalty Adult Coloring Page
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home