Blue Ombre Block Baby Blanket
These easy crochet blocks work up to be a beautiful and cozy afghan for a new baby boy. This white and blue baby blanket crochet pattern from Lily Sugar n' Cream is an easy project for crocheters of all skill levels, and you can easily change the colors to suit your tastes. Expecting a little girl? Use pink yarn rather than blue. This easy crochet blanket makes a great gift for new babies and expecting parents.
- 8 balls Lily Sugar’n Cream Yarn in color of your choice (MC)
- 8 balls Lily Sugar’n Cream Yarn in color of your choice (Contrast A)
- Size 5.00 mm (U.S. H or 8) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
Gauge: 16 sts and 8 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in pat.
Size: Approx 40 x 46 ins [101.5 x 117 cm].
Strip I (Make 2)
With MC, ch 39.
1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of ch. 38 sts. Ch 3. Turn.
2nd row: Miss first 3 sts. 1 dc in next st. Ch 1. 1 dc in 2nd of first 3 missed sts. *Miss next 2 sts. 1 dc in next st. Ch 1. 1 dc in first of 2 missed sts. Rep from * to last st. 1 dc in last st. Ch 1. Turn.
3rd row: 1 sc in each st or ch 1 sp to end of row. Ch 3. Turn.
Rep last 2 rows for pat.
Work a further 17 rows in pat, ending last row with join A. Ch 1. Turn.
**With A, work 20 rows in pat ending last row with join MC. Ch 1. Turn.
With MC, work 20 rows in pat ending last row with join A. Ch 1. Turn.**
- Rep from ** to ** once more, omitting turning ch at end of last row. Fasten off.
Strip II (Make 2)
Work as given for Strip I, substituting A for MC and MC for A.
- Sew strips tog alternating Strip I with Strip II.
Edging: 1st rnd: With RS facing, join MC to top right corner. Ch 1. 3 sc in same sp. Work 1 row of sc evenly around Afghan, working 3 sc in corners. Join with ss to first sc.
- 2nd rnd: Ch 3. Miss first sc (where last ss was worked). 5 dc in next corner st. *Miss next 2 sts. 1 sc in next st. Miss next 2 sts. 5 dc in next st. Rep from * around. Join with ss to top of ch 3. Fasten off.