Tis the Season Afghan
Crocheted in a simple granny square design, this Tis the Season Afghan is the perfect way to curl up on the couch as you watch your favorite Christmas movie. Get started on this afghan now so it's ready to go in time for Christmas! This easy crochet afghan pattern also makes a wonderful holiday gift, and is a great project for anyone looking for something to make for the upcoming holiday season.
- 2 skeins Red Heart Super Saver yarn in White
- 3 skeins Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Paddy Green
- 3 skeins Red Heart Classic yarn in Jockey Red
- 4.5mm (US G-6), 5.0mm (US H-8), 5.50mm (US I-9) crochet hook, or size needed for gauge
- Yarn Needle
- Placement Diagram
Gauge: Square measures 6” x 6”
Special Stitches: Shell Stitch – 2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc
Afghan Measures: 44” x 58”
Squares (Make 59)
- Round 1: With green and G hook ch 3 and form a ring, ch 3, dc in ring, [ch 1, 2 dc in ring] 7 times, ch 1, join to top of beginning ch 3 and fasten off.
- Round 2: With H hook join white with a slip stitch in any ch 1 space, ch 2, (dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in next ch space, *ch 1, Shell Stitch in next ch 1 space, repeat from * around, join to top of beginning ch 2 and fasten off.
- Round 3: Join red with a slip stitch in any ch 1 sp of Shell Stitch, ch 2, (dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in same space, *ch 2, 2 hdc in next ch 1 space, ch 2, sc in next ch 1 space of Shell Stitch, ch 2, 2 hdc in next ch 1 sp, ch 2, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next ch 1 space of Shell Stitch, repeat from * around, join to top of beginning ch 2 and fasten off.
- Round 4: With I hook and green slip stitch in any corner ch 2 sp, ch 2, (2 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in same space, *ch 1, 2 dc in ch 2 space, ch 1, repeat from * across until next corner ch 2 space, (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in ch 2 space, repeat pattern around, join to top of beginning ch 2 and fasten off.
Joining of Squares
- With green whipstitch squares together. See Square Placement Diagram.
- With G hook and white *(sc, ch 3, 2 dc) in any corner ch 3 space, skip 1 dc, (sc, ch 3, dc) in next dc, [sc, ch 3, dc in next ch 1 space] 5 times, skip 2 dc, (sc, ch 3, dc) in next dc, sc in joining, skip ch 3 space and 1 dc, (sc, ch 3, dc) in next dc, [sc, ch 3, dc in next ch 1 space] 5 times, skip 1 dc, (sc, ch 3, dc) in next dc, repeat from * around entire afghan, join to beginning sc and fasten off.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Sep 03, 2017
This is a pretty afghan for the holiday season. It is an easy pattern too. This could worked on anywhere by making a square while waiting for someone, listening to a favorite tv show or on a trip. Later when time is available the squares cab be assembled. This would be nice for dcor or as a gift.
Sep 03, 2017
Sorry, I notice words changed after I hit enter. can decor
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use