Kids can help paint this cute wooden, egg-shaped penguin for their room. Find this craft and 21 other crafts for kids in our FREE Summer Crafts for Kids eBook.
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics
DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
DAO10 - Cadmium Yellow (transparent)
DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- Multi-Purpose Sealer DS17
- Two medium teardrop shapes and one medium heart shape, Forster's Woodies
- Two 5-mm wiggle eyes
- 1/4" flat brush
- Short liner brush
- Foam plate
- Aleene's Quick-Dry Tacky Glue
- Unfinished wood egg shape with flat base
Preparation: Remove any stickers, inserts, or tags from surfaces before beginning.
- Use Snow White and 1/4 flat brush to paint egg shape; let dry.
- Refer to photo and use Lamp Black to paint egg shape, leaving peanut shape unpainted for face, chest, and tummy of penguin. Let dry.
- Use Lamp Black to paint teardrop shapes. Use liner brush to paint ovals for eyes on penguin face. Let dry.
- Use 1/4" flat brush and Cadmium Yellow to paint heart shape for feet; use liner brush to paint inverted triangle for beak on penguin. Let dry.
- Glue teardrop shape to each side of penguin body for wings; glue heart to egg base for feet.
- Paint penguin with Multi-Purpose Sealer; let dry.
- Glue wiggle eye over bottom half of each oval.