Denim Shorts Chore Chart
Vist Pauline at Club Chica Circle.
If you need help motivating kids to pitch in around the house, consider creating your own Denim Shorts Chore Chart. This denim crafts DIY project will leave kids wanting to perform chores so they can move the decorated sticks from one pocket to another. With materials such as paint, jewels and sparkle tape, you can completely customize the jeans to fit your style and match your decor.
You can find this project, as well as many other fabulous blogger projects, in our new eBook, The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014: Decoupage, Sewing, Jewelry Making, and More free eBook. Download your own free copy today!
- Lion Brand Yarn Sparkly variety pack
- Aleene's Fabric Fusion
- Sparkle Tape
- Tulip Fashion Glitter Bond and Glitter
- Folk Art Chalkboard Paint
- Martha Stewart Self-Adhesive Stencils
- Martha Stewart Multi-Surface Paint - metallic silver
- Martha Stewart pouncers
- Tulip Slick neon blue fabric paint
- David Tutera self-adhesive jewels
- Fiskars scissors
- Denim shorts
- Colored craft sticks
- Glue gun
- Painter's tape
- Sponge brush
- Mask off top 1/3 portion of colored large craft sticks with painters tape. Using a sponge brush, apply chalkboard paint on the rest of the stick and let dry.
- Create a decorating hanging yarn braid with approx. 18" of multicolored cut strands of yarn. With a pair of denim shorts (slightly used and grown out of from my daughter) glue the front and back of the shorts together with a glue gun. Attach decorative glitter sparkle tape along the top replicating a belt. Using fabric fusion glue, attach your braided yarn along the side seams from starting from the bottom of one end the other and let dry.
- Using self-adhesive letter stencils, apply the words "DO" and "DONE" just below the left and right front pockets with contrasting metallic paint with paint pouncer and let dry.
- Using a book for stability and a flat surface, use the decorative chevron self-adhesive stencil and apply Fashion glitter bond glue. While still wet, sprinkle on colored glitter, then carefully pull off stencil to reveal glittery design and let dry. Add polka dot details along the seams of the pockets and loops with Slick dimensional fabric paint.
- When craft sticks are dry, remove painters tape and apply small single strand of self-adhesive decorative jewels.
- Use chalk to write to do list or chores on each craft stick and put in the "DO" pocket. When the task is done, move the stick to the "DONE" pocket, and so on. Use the yarn to hang on a wall with a removable hook.